❃ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ❃

Everyone closed their eyes as they wait for the impact to kill them. Especially Acrox who was the first to close his eyes for not wanting to witness the avalanche.

Seconds left.
All of them are ready.

He took a deep breath and had himself ready to open the door of death...

One....

Two.....

Three......

"You look fu**ing ridiculous." He heard a sudden familiar voice ringed on his ear that made him open his eyes.

And there he saw Yalex standing in front of him with his body covered in undying blue flame. His face held no emotion but the tone of his voice sounds very mocking.

"U-uncle Yalex?" Acrox muttered and thought he's in the afterlife.

But it feels to quick.
So he quickly looked around and he gasped in shock seeing everyone, including his sister.
Frozen in time.

He looked around carefully and he was finally able the rest of the primes. Standing just beside Yalex. Including his own mother whom he thought he'll never see again.

"Mom!!!" The winter prince cried and immediately ran to hug his mother who gladly engulfed him to her embrace.

He's taller than Jade so he looks like he's just hugging a little sister.

"What happened to her?" He heard his father spoke.

He looled at Samuel and noticed how his eyes are glowing a bright shade of blue. Meaning that he is the one who stopped the time.
Samuel walked past them looking at a specific someone. And when Acrox and Jade turned around, they both let out a surprise gasp as they watch Samuel carried hus wounded daughter.

It's fairly bright now thanks to Yvel and Kitsch's and Blue's glowing wings. So they were able to see the bad injury that Mako have. Her side is covered with a huge patch of blood. Jade immediately rushed to her daughter to check on her while Acrox was left frozen on his feet.

Acrox could feel his heart skipped a beat. So that's why Mako is talking odd. She got hurt in the fight.

"I-I didn't even know." He muttered with eveident resentment.

Trevor immediately appeared beside him and tapped his shoulder. While Coleen and Ysabella went to Mako to help her heal.

"It's not your fault. She got hurt in the fight. And you needed to focus on saving the children." He said to him.

"And you did pretty well on that job." Blue complimented as he observes how the remaining of their alliance formed a wall with their own bodies just to protect the children.

While the healers are taking care of Mako.
Samuel looked around and scanned the avalanche that had stopped moving because of him freezing the time.
The mountain made it easy for him to pull this kind of magic and stopping time for a long time since he is stronger on that place.

"There's not even a hundred of this Arcadians are left on our side. How are we suppose to battle with Gammon?" Blue questions.

"We can discuss that later. For now, we must remove whatever left of our allies from this place." Rhian stated as she continue to claw the necks of every Kades creature she recognize so once time continue to flow, they're dead either way.

"Blue. Yalex. Do you guys think you can take all the Arcadians to our quarters on Earth in just a one time travel?" Samuel asked without sparing a glance.

He could see the avalanche somehow forcefully trying to move. Meaning that the magic of the mountain is indeed stronger than he expected. Holding the time there will not last any more couples of minutes so they need to move fast.

"We'll do it. We'll take the healers with us so those that will be left behind, do whatever it takes for the avalanche to stay only until the 25km perimeter of the twin mountain. I will come back immediately to take care of its twin mountain." Yalex said before he beckoned Blue to move with him.

The angel and devil both used a strong surge of their magic to teleport their allies including the primes that can help with aid and heal. And went to the primes headquarters at earth.
Leaving only Samuel, Ysabella, Trevor, Yvel and Kitsch. To protect Arcadia from the coming avalanche. Yalex returned immediately since teleporting is literally just seconds with him involved.

"Kitsch! Ysabella! I need you both to create a firewall around the mountain as tall as you can. Make it big as possible. Yalex, you will enter the fires of the volcano to keep it there once the avalanche reaches the peak. Make sure that no fires will escape the volcano or else it will be harder to control the impact. The rest of us will create a barrier next to the firewall to barricade the avalanche here." Samuel explained and Yalex immediately took them to each of their position while the twins shot up to the sky and flew to their positiom to create a firewall.

Once the three are in position. They began to create the barrier and made it as tall and stronger as possible. Therefore, draining them of their own strength.

"Kitsch!!! You have to make it taller!!! It's not enough!!!!" Yvel yelled when she noticed that the firewall is still not tall and not even strong enough to handle the first impact.

The dragon bellowed loudly and this time, he breathed fire to add onto the wall as he flew in an unbelievable speed. The twins made the firewall tall enough to reach the skies. And it made everywhere near it very hot.

A few more minutes and the rest of the Primes came back except Coleen since she is the one who stayed behind at earth to heal everyone. Acrox had also gone back with them and helped to create the barrier.

However, while they were in the middle of making that barrier, a loud roar echoed all over the mountain and the time suddenly flowed without Samuel's command.

At first they thought it was Kitsch who made that sound. But seeing how it made him look more agile assured them that something else has awake from that mountain. A very old myth that has been there even before the primes set foot on Arcadia.

"What was that!!!?" It was Jessi who screamed the question.

"It's impossible! It's just a legend!!!" Acrox fired back as he finds it rather impossible to believe.

"What legend!!?" Yvel questioned as she isn't too familiar about Arcadian legends. After all, history is always the first subject she fails at school. She can't even remember how their people was born into existence.

"There is a legend about this mountain aside from the avalanche every 200 years. The old age believed that a monster is sheltering beneath the mountain which made it so tall and big. And it's powerful enough to destroy Arcadia." Acrox explained.

"Oh. So the mountain is a giant egg!" Rhian scoffs in sarcasm. But the anxiousness is still evident on her face since that sound definitely did not sound like her burp. It's something else.

"I think we've woken it up because I made the avalanche happen when it hasn't even been 200 years yet!" Acrox added. Somehow thinking that it's the only explanation that can puzzle with the series of events.

Eventually, they were able to finish the barrier but they needed to stay there to make sure that it will hold. So they had to wait and watched from behind the barrier. Looking up at how the avalanche is coming close with a lightning speed.

Kitsch had already took Yvel with him and flew around. Keeping the firewall strong and tall.

"There's something else coming. I can sense it."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.