кα∂єѕ ρℓαgυє ⁱ

"You again." Nicholas sighed upon looking at the dead couple.

He and his fellow wolves had been briefed by Yvel about the primes. So he is aware that it is Rhian and Blue, the angel of death standing before him.

Nicholas was told to go to the forest by K to escort the primes that will arrive per Yvel's request. He came with some wolves but they immediately ran back to the hotel because they sensed Blue's eerie presence. Nicholas on the other hand could care less anymore. He simply wants to get their mission done and get EJ and Taki back in return.

"You don't seem pleased to see me again. Nicholas?" Rhian grinned at him and the wolf simply gave her an exhausted expression.

"Very." He murmured almost inaudible before letting out a sigh.

Blue could only watch in amusement because Nicholas is the first ever being who acted this way in front of him despite knowing his identity. Usually, those who recognize him quickly cower away. But this wolf is different.

"Follow me to the hotel. Yvel and Kitsch are waiting for you both there. They couldn't come because they're busy helping the Arcadians train." He said and beckoned the couple to follow him.

They started walking back to the hotel quietly. But of course, not until Rhian decided to break it. Allowing Blue and Nicholas to give an almost identical exhausted reaction.

"Just don't mind her. Had she not complained again, I'd be worried it isn't her who's with us." Blue whispered to him carefully before he started brisk walking.

Nicholas noticed it and did the same. The two trying to walk as fast as they can and just leave Rhian there.

***

"We should start now. It's only a matter of time before the elementals find each other." Samuel said to Yalex.

The demon had already told him all the necessary details they'll need in order to bring the wolves back like he did with half of the primes.

He and Yalex are currently preparing to leave.

Usually they'd take Trevor because of the clones that need memories. But this time, they are pulling the wolves away from the time of their death. So the clone that he'll make will die anyway.

"Don't cause any delay again, Yalex. We've wasted enough time and lost a lot of our allies." Jade said to him sternly. Her arms crossed and eyes glaring bravely at the demon.

Yalex simply nodded his head. He didn't bother giving any playful response which is very unlikely of him.

The couple just looked at each other with worry in their eyes. He changed immediately after their previous argument.

Yalex may never speak of it again. But it is very clear that he was heavily offended and disappointed at them. And yet he still stayed.

"Rhian and Blue arrived at the hotel. They're helping Kitsch and Yvel train our allies there!" Ysabella said as she entered the room.

She noticed the heavy atmosphere and noticed the looks on their faces.

"Yalex, I'll wait for you at the field. Come." Samuel said to the demon before beckoning his wife to leave with him.

Ysabella and Yalex are the only ones left in the room now.

"Don't ask me if I'm okay because I'm not. But I'm not angry at them anymore if you're curious." He suddenly said and was about to leave but Ysabella stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"So you were angry at them... before." She said almost as a quiet whisper.

"I was. I have the right to be angry too. But Rhian had asked for forgiveness and I forgave her. Because that's how much I'm willing to bear if that means to be finally worthy of their trust." He said to her in a serious manner.