001

(chapter i - percy jackson is a bitch)

"THANKS, ARGUS," SELENE chirped, grabbing her respective things.

Argus grunted, not making a move to say anymore. But then again...that was normal. It was rumored the man had eyes on his tongue, and she would rather not see that.

Argus's one-hundred eyes bored into hers, a shiver running down her spine at the motion. She quickly bid Argus goodbye and shut the door, watching as he drove away into the mist.

"Yeah, I'm gonna definitely regret this." She mumbled — turning around to face Westover Hall.

The castle-like building was, apparently, a military academy. It seemed more like a execution place to her, with it's chilly air and dark brick walls.

'That's new, Selene. Getting scared of a fucking castle.'

Shut up, Her brain soon countered.

Of course, she wanted to bolt inside immediately, especially because of the definite snow storm coming this way, but she knew she had to be patient.

Contrary to her belief, she definitely couldn't complete this alone.

Extractions seemed easy, but they weren't. There was normally a monster already there for the half-bloods, and fighting a monster alone, with only a dagger — it seemed practically impossible.

At the thought, her necklace hung on her neck suddenly became heavy.

'Well, not just a dagger.'

Ever since the day when her mother, Artemis, visited, she hadn't summoned the bow at all. All though the thought of using it was cool, she was afraid. Afraid it would burn her insides if she used it.

'Maybe my mom invented this bow to kill me, or some shit. Doesn't seem that far for her.'

Deep down however, Selene knew that wasn't true.

Suddenly, a car beeped, catching her attention and snapping her out of her thoughts. She huffed, humored, as she saw Percy Jackson practically whine like a baby to his mom.

He changed a lot since they were twelve. That was for sure.

His dark hair was messy and unraveled, his sea green eyes gleaming with mischief. As his mom drove away, the trio turned to face the school — some excited, some nervous.

That's when Annabeth spotted her.

Annabeth was the only to know about Selene coming, as she told her before hand. The two were still best-friends, and they told each other everything.

Thalia and Percy still didn't seem to notice the daughter of Artemis. Looking past her and right at the academy's entrance.

That was until Annabeth practically screamed. "Sel!" The girl exclaimed, running up and embracing the girl in a hug.

Annabeth's sudden exclamation ruined any plan of them being incognito. Percy and Thalia, along with other people, now stared at the two girls strangely.

Selene hugged back immediately, Annabeth's presence slightly calming her, despite her yell.

Now that Annabeth is here, things will still go to shit but just...a little bit less.

As they pulled away, Selene locked eyes with Percy Jackson, who, clearly didn't want to be here.

She didn't blame him. Ever since the incident at the Dining Pavilion, they haven't spoken.