011

(chapter xi - selene hates dr.thorn, and so should you)

"WOAH!" SAID SELENE for the fifth time, as the angel adjusted his grip on her.

"Chill. I ain't gonna drop you. I've been doing this for centuries," The angel said. "Besides, you 'n me? Buddies. Any friend of Zeus's Kid is a friend of mine."

Selene nodded uneasily. She didn't enjoy the feeling of her feet dangling in the air, but she could deal with it.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of heights, too?" Percy questioned with a teasing smirk.

"I'm not afraid of heights! I'm just afraid of...well, falling to my death."

"That's just being afraid of heights, Sel."

"...Oh."

Percy laughed. "I can't wait to tease you about this back at camp."

"One word, and I'll throw you to the wolves. Literally." She threatened, though a flicker of a grin was forming on her lips.

Percy grinned as well. "You wouldn't," He challenged.

"I would."

"Nah," He denied. "You wouldn't. You love me toooo much."

Selene scoffed. "As if, Barnacle Boy."

Percy raised a brow, studying her very carefully. She couldn't help but smile.

Percy snickered. "You're smiling!"

"I'm not. Shut up!"

You loooove me, Star Girl," He insisted. "No need to deny it, I mean, you don't see me complaining."

Selene's face flushed. "You're stupid."

Percy grinned. "Maybe," He responded, simply.

"Gods, tell me when it's over!" Thalia yelled. Her eyes were shut tight. The angel adjusted his hold on her, causing her to scream.

'You and me both,' She thought, shuddering.

"Everything's fine," Percy promised.

"Are we high?"

"High on drugs? At this point, we might as well be. Maybe the enormous boar, stainless steel lion, and the transformer wanna-be were all in our heads," Selene answered. "Oh, or maybe, this is all a stimulation —"

"Not what I meant, Selene!"

"Right," Selene said. She looked down, and kicked some of the snow off of a snowy mountain peak. "Nah," She said. "Not that high."

"We are in the Sierras!" Zoë yelled, the wind drowning out most of her voice. "I have hunted here before. At this rate, we shall arrive at San Francisco in a few hours."

Selene decided not to bring up the fact that she sounded like a flight attendant, and, currently? She looked like one too.

"Hey, hey, Frisco!" Whistled the angel that was carrying Selene. "Yo, Chuck! We could visit those guys at the Mechanics Monument again! Now they know how to party."

"There's more!?" Selene exclaimed, dumbfounded.

"Oh, man!" The other angel said, ignoring her. "I am so there!"

"You guys have visited San Fransisco?" Percy asked.

"At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they visited Jesus," Muttered Selene.