022

(chapter xxii - hera's an asshole — but selene's being the bigger one)

SELENE HAS MANY issues with the gods.

Specifically, Hera.

Now you may be wondering — what could a peacock looking, cock-sucking bitch like Hera do to upset her?

Well, a lot of things. For starters, Hera and Artemis weren't fans of each other. Since Hera was the goddess of marriage, and her mother was the goddess of chastity — they clashed a lot. And normally, Selene wouldn't give a shit on her mother's relationships with anyone — but Hera was different.

At first, she honored the goddess. Seriously, marrying Zeus? Willingly? That took talent. And a shit ton of patience.

But after Selene figured out what Hera did?

To get you caught up: in winter, after the solstice, her mom pulled her aside. She explained to Selene what truly happened to her other mother — how that car accident wasn't as accidental as she believed.

You slowly realizing it yet?

Hera — killed her mother. And although the Fates were normally in charge of who dies and whatnot, it seemed Hera had gained some sort of control over them. Petty peacock bitch.

She didn't know why Hera did it, either. Whether it was because of that pointless rivalry her and Artemis had, or some other stupid excuse. Whatever it was, Hera still went through with it. She killed her mother, and Y'know what's funny? The bitch didn't even seem sorry about it.

But that's how all the gods are, right? Not feeling pity for anyone or anything, but expecting you to do their dirty work? Like honestly, sit on your damn mountain, eat your damn ambrosia, and leave her alone.

"Ah, my dears!" Hera exclaimed, as if she were an annoying distant aunt. "Sit down, yes! We have much to talk about."

She waved her hand, and a whole picnic layout appeared, sandwiches, lemonade, blankets and all. While her friends got occupied, Selene sat in the corner, her back flat against the wall. And no, she didn't even bother sitting on the blankets.

None of her friends noticed. Immediately, they dug in gratefully to their treats — Hera watching them intently, which, was a bit unnerving.

Hera clapped, and her outfit completely changed. She reminded her of a basic mom — wacky sandals, black sweatpants, and a blue shirt, with white words that read: SAVE THE COCKS!

Before she could stop herself, she blurted out, "Does your T-shirt say save the cocks? That's not very appropriate of you, Queen Hera."

Percy choked on his sandwich. Annabeth sent her a do not fuck this up look, and Grover spat his lemonade on Hera.

Hera's eyes grew dangerously bright. Her face darted towards her direction, smiling a sickly sweet smile. "Oh, Selene. How delightful to see you! How are you?"

"I'm just peachy, thanks."

"Very happy to hear that," Hera said, sighing. "Oh, and just to clarify, my shirt says save the peacocks, not —"

"Oh, I know," Selene interrupted. "Just wanted to annoy you. It worked!"

Hera's fake nails dug into her styrofoam cup. "Well, then."

Selene gave her a tight smile. Hera have a faker one back, turning to Grover, who, was in the process of eating his napkin. "Grover, my sweet. Use your napkin, not eat it."