019

(chapter xix - boys are stupid)

SELENE BARELY MADE it in time for the war council meeting. Although she loved every minute of being with Percy, she's now realizing sleep should probably be a bigger priority.

It wasn't, though — not for her.

She stumbled down to the sword arena. Percy, Tyson and Grover were already there — along with Juniper, which, Selene was slightly surprised about.

Dryads are allowed to attend, but none of them wanted to — they were never ones for violence. Including Juniper. So it was shocking to see her there, perching on a branch and peering down at the sword arena.

Selene took her seat. Since Chiron and Quintus weren't here yet, Selene propped her legs on top of the table, relaxing back in her seat.

In all honesty, she was about to fall asleep when somebody's loud voice startled her awake.

Two guesses on who you think it was.

"SELENE!" Yelled Thema, shaking her shoulder. She jolted awake, nearly falling out of her chair. Thema caught her, however, giving her a mischievous grin.

"Gods," Selene cursed, slumping against the table. "Did you have to do that?"

"Yes," Her best-friend answered simply. "Didnt you notice? This is my first time at a war council meeting! Lee finally agreed to take me, and —"

"And I already regret it," Butted in Lee, leaning against the table with an amused smirk. "You nearly killed Selene there, T."

Selene huffed. "Believe me when I say, council meetings like these always end in certain death," She said — sipping her coffee. "This one is probably going to be no different."

Thema didn't look as excited now. She frowned. "Well I — well, whatever. Let me have my fun guys, okay?"

Selene and Lee exchanged knowing looks. This meeting was going to be anything but fun.

Thema rolled her eyes. She went to go meet Annabeth, who, was walking down the hill towards them. Selene watched their interaction with a knowing smirk, taking notice of Annabeth's bright red cheeks and Thema's sunny grin.

"Did they hook up?" Percy asked from besides her — drawing up the chair next to her and watching, amused.

"Probably," Selene said, nodding. "I'm glad Annabeth finally got someone, though. Good for her."

Percy frowned. He glanced down at the floor, as if he was hiding something. "Yeah. Good for her...."

She turned to face him. "What? Jealous that Annabeth is pulling more ladies than you ever will?"

"What? no," Percy answered childishly, shaking his head. "I just...I don't know. I guess Annabeth just moved on, is all."

"Moved on...from who?" Selene questioned — sipping her coffee half-heartedly.

Percy snorted. "Sel, seriously? Moved on from you."

Selene quite literally spit out her coffee.

On Percy.

Percy yelled some...interesting, Greek curses, hissing as the coffee stung his skin.

"Oh shit! I am so sorry —"

Percy shook his head. "No Selene, honestly, it's fine —"

"But I —"

"It only hurt for a moment —"

"You —"