024

(chapter xxiv - tyson has his first crush)

PERCY JACKSON HAD a weird (yet effective) way to solve things. He always did.

However, right now, he didn't quite know what to do.

In front of them was Briares, the Hundred-Handed One, who his  half-brother, Tyson, seemed to swoon over. No he has no idea on why Tyson would fan over a guy with a hundred-hands, but hey, no judgement here.

Annabeth tugged on the bars again, similar with what she did back when they were trapped in their own cell. Her eyes held an approaching thunderstorm in them — her eyes narrowing in concentration, as she struggled to use her super-strength to break the bars.

Percy put a hand on her shoulder, "Hey, maybe we should leave Tyson to the bar-breaking. Who knows, the cells might be..anti-demigod, or something."

"Shut up, Percy," Annabeth said, voice suddenly sing-song. He watched, helplessly, as Annabeth's hands clenched the metal again — grunting, as she tried to pull the bars apart.

Briares fell to his knees, sobbing for the umpteenth time. "Run, my friends! There is no hope for you now!"

Percy and Grover exchanged unamused looks. This dude clearly was already lost.

I mean, he got it and all — being scared of a woman with the body of a dragon is definitely worth crying over. But if he kept sobbing, he might actually start to cry a river, and Percy wasn't entirely sure he could control that.

There was a thump from besides him, and Percy perked his ears. He focused on his half-brother — who, was on his knees, bowing to Briares as if he was some sort of god. "Please, oh great Hundred-Handed One! You are our only hope!"

Percy raised a brow, his lips pursed. 'Since when did we agree on that? That emotionally-vulnerable guy with a hundred hands is not our only hope. Contrary to popular belief — we aren't that far gone.'

I mean, he's not saying they should leave Briares behind or anything, it's just...well, he's the prophecy kid. Annabeth was crazy smart, Tyson had unhumanly (was that a word?) strength. Grover had woodland magic, and Selene....

Gods, Selene.

His heartbeat quickened at the thought of her.

Selene had well, everything, in his eyes. She was swift — she was as good as hell with practically any weapon...he's heard that cheesy quote a hundred times, 'Nobody is perfect', and shit like that, but Selene? She really is. To him, at least.

Grover elbowed him sharply, snapping him out of his dream-like state.

"Dude!" Grover exclaimed. "Any ideas how to drag Tyson away from this...spider-man? Spider thing? Spider-human-man thing? Spider —"

"No idea, Grov. I'm a fucking demigod, not a therapist. If anything, I actually need a therapist —"

"Oh shut up," Grover interrupted. "Since you're too whiny to handle this, I'll just talk to Selene." Grover turned around, only to see the dirty, unoccupied floor. His words faltered — panic flashing through his eyes as he looked around frantically.