028

(chapter xxvii - how the hell is perseus jackson still alive)

SELENE WISHED THAT she went to pick up horse shit with Percy. Because anything, anything was better than this.

She was tied up with duct tape, rope and celestial bronze chains — like some type of prisoner aboard a pirate ship. Annabeth and Nico were placed on either side of her, while Tyson and Grover were tied against a fence — Eurytion next to them, hefting his baseball bat.

In all honesty, she found this completely unfair. I mean, all she wanted was to have food and chat about the weather or whatever shit old people want to talk about at a grill-out like Geryon had said — preferably without being tied up to a fucking pole.

"Hate this," She muttered — shifting uncomfortably. "Fuck, I hate this. This is such a bitchy move, Geryon. Thought we were friends."

Annabeth sent her a glare. Unlike all of them, Selene didn't have duct tape to her mouth. Why? They all had no idea, but hopefully Geryon finds out soon that that was a dumb decision.

Geryon moved around a burger patty on the grill with his bare hands, causing it to sizzle. He then looked over his shoulder to stare Selene right in the eye. "Sorry, lass. But I can't have you running off. Not until we know Jackson is dead and gone so I can sell you."

Selene threw her head back and groaned, "Why not just get it over with then." She muttered — throwing her head back dramatically and sighing. Geryon grinned at that, and Annabeth held her glare steady — clearly wishing that her mouth was untied instead of Selene's. She found that offensive.

But than again, it's not like she's accomplishing the 'diplomat' job she was unwillingly assigned, so Selene couldn't really blame Annabeth for thinking that, either.

Geryon laughed at her words. "Not much faith in that Jackson boy, ay lass?" He asked — his back turned as he began working on the burgers again.

"I...have faith," Selene answered with a slight shrug, "Just not a lot of it."

Annabeth groaned from under her duct tape — banging the back of her head softly against the metal pole they were currently tied to. Selene watched her do this with a raised brow, as if to say, shut the fuck up, I'm trying.

To which Annabeth responded earnestly, try harder.

Selene rolled her eyes, but turned to Geryon. "Hey, Geryon. I think you should untie us."

Geryon, clearly amused, laughed quietly and shook his head. "Do ya now?"

"Yeah," Selene replied cheekily. "Unless you want me to annoy the absolute heck out of you."

Geryon stopped laughing at that. He turned to face Selene with a raised brow. "I can have Eurytion tie that pretty little face of yours up in a jiff."

"I don't think you'll want to," She said with a grin. "My voice is quite a charm, actually. I could probably pass as a siren, even."

"I'm sure you could," Geryon answered half-heartedly. "Eurytion, gag her, please. She's getting annoying now."

"Oh, so what am I here for, your entertainment? You know, I'm a strong believer that women should not be treated like — MMMMMH!"