The visit

Robin: 

I slammed Vance's van door shut and sprinted to the front doors of the hospital. I ran inside stopping at the front desk to wait for my name to be checked in. 

"Name," the short woman spoke with her painted nails waiting to type my answer on the computer.

"Robin, Robin Arellano, I called before coming, I'm here to see Finney Blake?" I said raising an eyebrow of concern. Vance and Bruce made it into the hospital by now standing behind me waiting for the ok to go see Finney.

"And what's your connection to the patient?" She said typing on the computer.

"Friends" I said turning to look at Vance holding Bruce's hand and swinging his keys around on his finger with the other. Bruce looked like he was going to melt. "Room 294 here your pass" she said handing me a piece of pink paper. "ROB! Slow down!" Vance screeched but I didn't listen I needed to see him. Even if it was the last thing on earth I did. I burst through the door to see a small brown haired girl sitting in a chair sobbing gripping Finneys hand tightly. She looked up at me in surprise before she spoke. Stumbling on her words. "R- Robin" she spoke in a scared shaky voice. I stumbled towards her and she did the same. I grabbed her in a tight hug feeling my shirt get soaked up by her tears. "Shhhhh, Gwen it's ok, he's going to be ok" was all I mutter out of my mouth. I looked up to see a teary eyed Bruce standing in the door with his hand covering his mouth. Vance must have sensed everyone in the room because he led Bruce over to a chair and sat him down. He then walked over to me and Gwen and picked us up of off the dirty hospital floor and pulled the remaining two chairs for us to sit in he pulled all three of us close together with Gwen in the middle for comfort with Bruce on her left and me on her right. I heard Vance take his jacket off and put it around all three of us for warmth. "Finn" I was first to break the silence hoping he could hear me. "Finney I'm sorry if I would've just cut class or gone to the bathroom or followed you maybe this wouldn't have happened" I said tearing up and letting one roll down my face I finished speaking and grabbed his hand intertwining our fingers together. I rested my head on Finneys hospital bed. I felt Vance pat my back and rub it. Seeing how Vance turned into the "parent" as soon as he seen us all break down crying warmed my heart a little. "Finney, please wake up soon I need you dads getting worse without you home. I miss you and need my big brother back." She said letting the tears fall down to her face. Bruce and Vance didn't say anything about Finney but I knew deep down they both were just as upset as me and Gwen were. Bruce gripped my hand laying on Finneys bed and I grabbed his back, feeling somewhat secure with people I cared about most in this world. Vance stood behind us the entire visit holding our hands and rubbing our backs. Like how you would a crying baby. Our visit soon came to an end and we found ourselves waiting on the sidewalk with Gwen waiting for her dad to come pick her up.

Vance:

There was a huge doubt in my mind about Gwen's dad actually coming to get her and take her home. I couldn't wait any longer. 

"Gwen," I spoke firmly.

"Yeah," she said her voice cracking from wanting to cry realizing her dad wasn't coming to get her. 

"Get in the van" I said walking over to the passenger side and letting her in.

"What?" She said shocked that Vance hopper was giving her a ride home. "Get in the van before I change my mind kid" I said jokingly holding the door open for her. she stepped into the van with a big smile on her face I closed the door and picked Bruce and Robin up off of the sidewalk leading them to the backseat. Robin was half asleep laying on Bruce's shoulder with them both sharing my jacket Bruce rested his head on Robins head before dozeing off leaving me Gwen to sit in awkward silence before I cleared my throat to speak up she turned her head to look at me from the window. 

"When you were, speaking to Finney and you said your dad was getting worse, what did it mean?" I said averting my gaze from the road to Gwen for a split second. I grew up in an abusive household with a dad that drunk all the time and was taken away from me and mom when I was seven for beating my mother badly so I felt sorry for Gwen especially when she's so young.

"He-, he drinks a lot and sometimes hits me and Finney when he's super drunk not badly just like four or five times with a belt before sending me and him to our rooms. He's just been lashing  out a lot ever since Finney went to the hospital." She said on the verge of tears.

"Look Gwen," I said stopping the van in front of her house.

"I've never been the best at being the "adult" that I should be" I said raising my fingers in the air making quotations. I seen her start to smile.

"But, if you ever need to talk to someone or spend a night away from that house I'm her-." I was cut off by Gwen wrapping me into a huge hug crying tears of joy. "Thank you Vance your not the mean scary guy everyone makes you out to be" she said giggling at her own joke. I sigh into the hug and wrap my arms around her to I smile thinking about how mom would comfort me when dad was being abusive, I think she'd be proud right now if she could see me. "Goodnight Gwen" I call out as she waves goodbye and heads up the steps to her house. I start the van back up after making sure she got in safely. And drove into the night. I glance back up at the review mirror and see Robin and Bruce snoring lightly with Bruce's arm around Robins shoulder, and Robins knees up to his face leaning on Bruce as they slept. Now I know, these 4 idiots needed me and I needed them.

{hey luvs, I wrote this chapter because I wanted to talk about how old they are I'm the book in case some of you wanted to know

Vance: 18 Bruce: 17 Robin: 17 Finney: 16 and Gwen is 14. I know they are a little old but I wanted to make them aged up a bit, ok a lot. Anyways I'll write two more chapters tomorrow because I have school. I'll be able to post more on weekends because of extra time and stuff. Anyways stay safe and I love you guys! 🌸🍄☺️} 

Ps: all of y'all's nice comments help calm me down at school when my anxiety gets really bad also if you guys are sick or something while I'm at school and your at home r whatever and want to send a comment go right ahead I'll try to respond as soon as possible because I love y'all. so thank you for all of your love and support and nice comments. I don't deserve y'all <3.