Jacket

Warning this chapter contains offensive words, mentions of and  child abuse, and drunk people.

Robin:

"Ok so you carry the two, and then what do you get after?" Finney said lifting his hands up to show the number.

"Ummm, 89?" I said picking the pencil up.

"Yup! You're getting better Rob!" He said patting my back.

"Okkk, so two more questions and we're done." He said reading off the second question. We finished our math homework when the doorbell rang. 

"Should we answer that?" Finney said getting up off of the bed.

"I guess, come on" I said taking his hand and leading him downstairs. I opened the door to see Vance with his hair wet and Bruce looking nervous.

"Hahahah!" I busted out laughing and Finney  was snickering.

"The fuck happened to you!" I said letting them inside.

"Sorry to bother you Robin but do you have a hair dryer?" Bruce said trying to fix Vance's hair.

"Yeah, I think Mary's got one" I said walking upstairs with Finney, and Bruce trying to help Vance not trip. We made it upstairs and I handed the dryer to Bruce. Vance stood in front of the mirror while Bruce tried to help Vance and me Finney sat on the sink behind them.

"So what happened?" I asked trying to hold back a laugh. 

"He got in a fight and the punk dumped water on him," Bruce said not taking his eyes off of what he was doing.

"Why did he get into a fight? What happened" Finney said swinging his feet.

"I don't know actually I was in the bathroom." Bruce said setting the hair dryer down.

"Do you have a hairbrush?" Bruce said laughing a bit.

"NO! There is no way your brushing my hair!" Vance shrieked looking around for Bruce through his messy hair. 

"Awww come on Vance! Please!" I said getting off of the sink to find Bruce a brush.

"FINE! You're lucky I love you" (in a brotherly way) he pulled his knees up his face and sulked.

"Thanks V" Bruce said giving him a hug. Finney was laughing at this point. We finished brushing Vance's hair when Bruce spoke stepping back to admire his work. 

"Hmmmm, it's missing something" he said tapping the brush on his chin.

"Wanna pull it in a ponytail" Finney said smirking.

"HELL YEAH!" Bruce said going to find a ponytail holder. 

"I fucking hate you guys" Vance said lifting his head up from his knees a little.

"We love you too Vance." I said going to help Bruce. We finished putting Vance's hair in a ponytail  and we all walked downstairs.

"Are you guys hungry?" Vance said grabbing his van keys off of the mantle.

"Yeah V, how about we take the two kids to get some food since we kinda owe 'em" Bruce said walking over to Vance.

"Alright Rob, Finn were do you guys wanna get food?" He said opening the door for me, Finn and Bruce to step out.

"I don't know I'm fine with anywhere" I said throwing my hands up.

"We could go to a diner?" Bruce said opening the van door for me and Finn.

"Ok let's go, seatbelts" Vance said shutting the door and turning it on. 

Vance:

I had every right to beat the shit out of Matty I don't care if he was younger than me or not. He called Finney a faggot and I beat the shit out of him. 

"Alright me and B will order you two food if you go find a table." I said pulling my Wallet out of my pocket.

"Alright come on Finn" Robin said yanking Finney towards a table. I turned back to the register to order food."Are you babysitting?" The woman behind the counter asked."Yeah I guess, I'm a family friend." I said paying for the food. I could tell Bruce wanted laugh.

"If wanna laugh just do it." I said rolling my eyes.

"I would never!" He gasped putting his hand over his heart as we walked back to table. 

"V are you not hungry?" Bruce said raising an eyebrow.

"No I'm good thanks." I said waving my hand dismissively.

"No I'm taking that answer. Eat" he said sliding his food over to me.

"Ewww, y'all are so gross!" Robin said taking a fry from Finney.

"Shut up Arellano." I said reaching for the ketchup across the table.

(Time skip to when they finished their food.)

"Alright let's get you kids home or else I'm getting an earful." I said rolling my eyes and shutting the door. I kept glancing back at Finney, poor kid was shaking I decided to drop him off last.

"Finn, you ok back there." I said not looking away from the road.

"Mhm" he was shaking more and more as we got closer to his house.

Finney:

I was gonna get home late. I just prayed dad was already passed out drunk or out drunk. Vance pulled up to my house and as I got out Vance spoke.

"Rob, left his jacket can i run in and get real quick?." I got chills as a thousand thoughts raced through my head.

Was dad awake?

Would dad get mad? 

Would he hit me?

"Hello? Finney?" Vance said waving his hand in front of my face. He snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah come on in." I said turning on my heel and walking up to the front porch. I grabbed the cold hard knob and twisted the door open. All I could think in that moment was,

Please be asleep 

Please be asleep.

Bruce:

I was my jacket off of my shoulders as I was walking down the hall to my room. I decided to call Robin as he probably home by now. I picked up the phone and dialed his number.

"Hello? Robin Arellano speaking." Robin said in a passive aggressive tone.

"Hey Robin it's Bruce I was wondering if you wanted to come to this party I'm throwing tomorrow?" I asked forgetting to ask Robin earlier today.

"Who all's going?" He asked the questioning tone clearly in his voice.

"Me,V,Finn,gwen. Some old friends and some people from school." I said playing with the cord to the phone.

"Sure I guess I'll go. Goodnight thanks." He said.

"Mhm! No problem I figured you'd want an excuse to be close to Finney." I said giggling at my own joke.

"Fuck you." He said before hanging up the phone. I went to bed shortly after.

{Hey luvs sorry for not posting much. I had my mom call me lazy and a bunch of other stuff so I'm just ready to die rn y'all and my cats and my art are the only things keeping me motivated and happy so ty all so much for everything. I love you guys so much and even if you just do something small like make me laugh it means a lot to me and really brightens my day. So again ty goodnight/day ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Btw y'all deserve all of those hearts.}