Chapter 2

Humza's pov

(Kamil and Humna's wedding day)

I have to hurry up, or else we'll be late because of the traffic. Haris sit in the car right now. We can't take Dalia (cat) to the wedding. Why is everyone so irresponsible!! Why can't you all work in an organised  manner!

"Humza bete stop worrying, we'll be there on time" mom (Hafsa) said.

That voice succeeded in calming me and we reached the banquet hall peacefully.

I conveyed salaam to the elders and that's when my eyes fell on the girl standing behind Kamil (the groom).

I couldn't resist staring at the shine in her eyes competing the moon light, and her smile could make the day hundred times better, her beautiful face framed with long silky hair made my heart beat irregular. This feeling was strange and new to me.

I asked Humna (my sister) about the girl "She is Kamil's younger sister Kashaf" she replied.

Such a lovely name, itself describes the beauty she radiates. My eyes couldn't stop admiring the prettiest girl I ever saw and I heard Mummy calling me to salaam Husna aunty (Kamil's mom).

Assalamualaikum aunty. How're you? I said coming back to reality.

"Walaikumsalam beta, I'm fine" she replied. At that moment I knew I had to become Husna Aunty's favorite.

After some time, I noticed Kashaf talking to a group of girls and I wanted to start a conversation with her.

Hassan (my youngest brother) kept a hand on my shoulder saying "Bhai, stop staring that girl she's out of your league. I've heard she's very rude to guys. Anyways best of luck"

How can such a pretty girl be rude. I don't think so. Hassan let's go talk to her. Come with me.

"Theakai bhai chalein" said Hassan following me.

Assalamualaikum. Aren't you Kamil's sister?
I said in one go.

"Walaikumsalam" she replied.

This was the coldest Walaikumsalam I've ever heard. But her sweet voice calmed me to weird extents. The world paused for me. Strange winds started to flow. I was so lost in her eyes that Hassan snapped me to the actuality.

I was literally out of words. What could I even say! I have a feeling she hates me. Then Humna introduced me to her and I got busy at the food area.

The wedding was great and we had to ruqsat (bid adieu to the bride) Humna.

I loved how sweetly Kashaf consoled Humna and made her sit in the car and how well Kamil treated her.
.
.
.
.
.
Here ends the 2nd chapter hope you liked it.. make sure to leave a comment or review :)