Chapter 10

Humza's pov

I barely slept last night. My thoughts were entangled around Kashaf. I quickly got ready to meet her as she'd be discharged today. I went downstairs. Everyone were having breakfast in complete silence due to the argument between me and Mom.

"Assalamualaikum" I said.

"Walaikumsalam Humza. Have your breakfast." Dad said. Mom didn't even look at me.

"Ma? Will you be angry with your Humza for so long?" I asked hugging her from behind.

"My Humza? Or Kashaf's Humza?" She said chuckling bitterly. This was getting more complicated. I just left the house without saying a word to avoid conflicts.

"Bhai..bhai.. bhai. Have your breakfast before leaving. You didn't have the dinner either." Hassan came running behind me.

"Hassan I'll be back in sometime. Leave me alone." I said.

"Bhai stop hurting yourself. I'm also coming with you. I won't leave you." Hassan said hugging me.

We drove to the hospital and I saw Kashaf and Kamil leaving the place. We approached them.

"Assalamualaikum Kamil." I said and looked at Kashaf and she weakly nodded.

"Walaikumsalam. Humza I was about to call you. I have a really important meeting to attend. Can you drop Kashaf home if you don't mind?" Kamil asked.

"Yeah sure." Hassan hurriedly replied. I looked at Kashaf and she didn't leave Kamil's hand. I didn't know what to do.

"Bhai I don't want you to leave." Kashaf said with her teary eyes which didn't fail to stab my heart.

"Barfi I'll be back in an hour. Don't worry Humza will take you home. Call me if you need anything." Kamil said and left. I could see Kashaf didn't come over the incident yet. Who will answer my questions!

"Bhai ice-cream treat.!" Hassan said to lighten Kashaf's mood.

"Yes. To the ice-cream parlor we head." I said and a smile creeped on her face.

"Kashaf di will you walk towards the car or Humza bhai has to carry you?" Hassan asked and Kashaf was lost somewhere.

The change in her makes my heart ache. When will I get my icy barfi back? When can I be the reason to her comfort and happiness? The ride was silent, none of us talked. I was out of words. She was lost and her eyes showed her fear. We reached at the ice-cream parlor and Hassan went to place the order.

"Kashaf?" I snapped infront of her.

"Yes?" She said in a low tone.

"Are you fine?" I asked.

"I don't know." She replied and a tear escaped her eye.

"Kashaf you can talk to me if you want. I don't want you to cry. Please." I said and she nodded while her tears fell like pearls. We were lost in each other's eyes. Those beautiful pair of eyes had several things to say. I don't know what boundaries kept her away from me.

"Ahem ahem am I disturbing the duo?" Hassan asked bringing us back into this  world.

We headed to Ibaad Mansion. I conveyed salaam to Ibaad uncle and Husna aunty. All of them were busy taking care of Kashaf while she didn't respond to anything.

"Where is Kamil bhai?" Kashaf asked.

"He'll be back in some time Kashaf you should take rest." Humna said

"Barfi look who's here to meet you?" Husna aunty asked and we all turned around to see a girl standing behind Ibaad Uncle.

"Manaal!" Kashaf yelled and they hugged each other. I was confused.

"Hassan who's she?" I asked Hassan who was lost in Manaal.

"Bhai I don't know but she is something." Hassan said and I knew the little boy who didn't believe in love will fall soon.

Kamil returned and Ibaad uncle stacked him with questions.

"Dad, I got the information that Zafer ran from the jail." Kamil said sighing and everyone were shocked.

"Who is Zafer?" I asked hesitantly and all of them exchanged eye contacts.

"Zafer was our relative who kidnapped Kashaf when she was 9 years old. Which was a terrific experience for her and still holds an impact." Ibaad uncle said but I just don't believe it is authentic.

"Then what does he want now? And how will we protect Kashaf from him?" Humna asked.

"I have filed an FIR. The police will be guarding around the house. Apart from that we need to be more alert." Kamil said.

Humna insisted us to stay for Lunch and we had to give up.

"Who's this girl Kashaf di?" Hassan asked pointing towards Manaal.

"She's my childhood bestfriend. And she couldn't come at Kamil bhai's wedding so she's here now." Kashaf replied. Hassan and Manaal exchanged looks.

Everyone were busy and I saw Kashaf going out in the lawn area. I went behind her and she was lost in some deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"You... I meant what are you doing here?" She said.

"Oh so Kashaf Ibaad is thinking about me. Are you possibly in love with me?" I asked her unknowingly.

"What! Are you mad? I don't do such blunders." She said but her eyes couldn't lie and she was about to leave. I held her wrist.

"What if I've done such a blunder? And yes I'm mad. Ive turned mad for you." I replied

"What are you saying Humza?" She asked.

"I love you Kashaf Ibaad. Will you give me a chance? I fell in love with you the day that I met you, and then I fell in love with the person you remembered you are. I got to fall in love with you twice. That’s— that’s magic. You’re the first thing I’ve believed in since— since I don’t even remember, okay, you’re— you’re dream and destiny and every stupid, impossible thing, and it’s not because of the charm, it’s because of you. It’s because you fight and you care and you’re always kind but never easy, and you won’t let anything take that away from you. You’re my love, Kashaf. I don’t care if you think you’re not one. You are." I didn't even realize what I just spit out. My heart felt ease. It finally let out the burden.

"Humza get out from here. I don't wanna talk to you." She said as tears formed in her eyes.

"Kashaf listen to me-." I said

"LEAVE HUMZA just leave." Kashaf yelled. Manaal took her inside and I left the place with Hassan.

"Bhai you did nothing wrong. Kashaf di needs time to process everything. I'm proud of you for prioritizing your feelings."
Hassan said and I nodded.

I was a huge mess. What did I do? She needed mental peace and I troubled her more. What if she gets more stressed due to me! Ya Rabbi I did what my heart said and now everything is in your hands. Don't let my love for Kashaf be a barrier between me and my mom. Guide me to the best of decisions.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey people

Lemme know how was the chapter.
Comment and vote.

I hope you like it:)