Chapter 9

Kashaf's pov

Life right now was beyond my control. I just let it go with the flow. As Kamil bhai says "everything happens for good". I was in the phase of exploring the good life has planned for me. In the last few days, I've gotten closer to Humza. We hangout with each other often and have a lot of fun together. Our arguments never stopped. He is such a simpleton. He maintains distance and respects my mindset. It feels like I get a better version of myself around him.

Kamil bhai and Humna bhabhi were returning from their trip today. So, dad arranged a small dinner party only with close relatives and family friends. Amin family was also invited. I was excited to meet all the people and especially for Kamil bhai. I've never stayed so far from him for such a long period. I missed him so much. But now he has his own responsibilities to accomplish. I was eagerly waiting for him.

"Mom! When will Kamil bhai reach? Did driver uncle pick them up? Should I call and confirm?" I asked impatiently.

"Kashaf they'll be here in some time. Till then you get ready. Don't be so impatient." Mom said.

"I wonder how will you live without him after your marriage?" Dad said laughing.

"I won't let Barfi go far from me Dad." Kamil bhai said entering the house.

"Kamil bhaiiii!!" I ran screaming and hugged him.

"How's my Barfi doing?" Kamil bhai asked.

"I'm fine after seeing you." I said.

"Kashaf you didn't miss me? Humna bhabhi asked.

"I missed you more my bestfriend."I said hugging her.

"Kashaf stop troubling bhai and bhabhi get ready for the function. Let them take rest it was a long journey." Mom said.

(Evening)

I am a big fan of pastel colors. I wore a sea green long frock with minimal work and subtle makeup. I let my hair fall at my back. I looked in the mirror before leaving the room and just felt pretty. After all it was Kashaf Ibaad.

I went downstairs and the guests already arrived. I conveyed salam to all the elders and met my cousins and friends. My eyes fell on Humza. Who looked very fine in the white embroidered kurta. Why is he so attractive. Ya allah save me before his good looks kill me. Wait is he the same weirdo Humza. Who asked him to leave his hair all messed to mess up with my heartbeat!!

I was lost in my thoughts and Humza stood beside me.

"Kashaf." He called bringing me back to reality.

"Yes Humza?" I asked clearing my throat.

"You look pretty today." He said and blood rushed to my cheeks. I felt like a tomato.

"You.. you look the same weirdo. No you look weirder today!" I said

"Then why couldn't your eyes move since the moment you saw me?" He said raising his brow.

"You're mistaken Mr. Humza Amin. I was thinking about something else and you're disturbing me." I said not looking into his eyes.

"Okay so you've started thinking about me aswell! Good to hear." He said laughing.

"God forbid my situation isn't so bad that I start thinking about you!" I said.

"Humza can you please click my picture. I've to upload for my followers." Urooj the fake influencer said in her annoying baby tone. I waited for Humza to refuse her.

"Sure why not." Humza replied making me shocked. I could say nothing anyways it shouldn't bother me. But it does, it bothers me seeing Humza with any other girl. I've no explanations for the annoyance.