Chapter 16

Kashaf's pov

(4 days later)

"Barfi did Humza answer your calls?" Kamil bhai asked entering my room and I nodded in denial.

"Even I don't know where is Humza bhai and he's not recieving my calls. Let's go to my place (Amin house) and we'll get to know." Humna bhabhi said.

"Ok let's check once its strange." Kamil bhai said and we went towards Amin House.

I saw Hassan and Haris in the lounge and went towards them.

"Hassan where is Humza?" I asked and they both exchanged looks and didn't answer.

"HARIS WHERE IS HUMZA! ANSWER ME!" I asked yelling at him. They kept looking down and didn't utter a word.

"Haris, Hassan answer what is Kashaf asking!" Humna bhabhi said.

"HASSAN WHERE IS HUMZA." I yelped holding his collar.

"Humza is not in India. He left you. He's in the states with his father." Hafsa aunty said coming downstairs and my world collapsed. As if this was the end of my life. I don't believe her. Humza My Humza won't leave me like that.

"Hassan tell me she's lying. Please tell me where is Humza. Hassan please. This can't happen. Humza would never do something as such." I said crying mess.

"Barfi control yourself. Let's go from here." Kamil bhai said and I hugged him.

"Bhai look at them. They aren't listening to me. Bh-bhai Humza can't do this. Y-you believe me right?" I said looking at him.

"These people aren't worth your innocent self Barfi. Let's go. I'm not even surprised by your behavior Hafsa aunty. I won't let the tears of my sister's eyes go in vain. I'll avenge my sister. Don't forget what you did." Kamil bhai said angrily holding my hand and leaving the place.

"Humna don't come with us. Stay here." Kamil bhai said to Humna bhabhi who was following us.

"Kamil bhai listen to me. What did Humna di do?" Hassan said running behind us and Kamil bhai didn't listen a word.

"Let them go Hassan. Its better they leave us." Humza's mom said.

"You've ruined Humza bhai's life already what more do you want from Humna di?" Haris said

"I know what I'm doing! All of this is love for my kids. You will realise later." Humza's mom said.

We were driving back home. It was heartbreaking to know he left uninformed. Is that all what I meant to him? Did he ever  love me? Was all of that love fake? How can you do this to me Humza? What wrong did I ever do to you? The only guy I ever trusted took it for granted? I can't believe was it so easy to leave me?

"Barfi its alright forget him." Kamil bhai said.

"Its not alright for me neither can I forget him! It'd be better if we not talk about it." I said

"Why did you leave Humna bhabhi their?" I asked bhai wiping my uncontrollable tears.

"I just don't want any relation with that house." Kamil bhai replied

"You have to get her home tomorrow. She's your wife and nothing else matters. She's innocent." I said and he nodded.

I entered my house and ran to my room as I wanted to space out from everyone. I want Humza back. I miss him. I wish I hugged him tighter the last time we met. So wait for me. Perhaps we'll meet in a dream, or a prayer, or a soft breeze pushed by the wind. You're not here but all I see is you. What did you do to me Humza Amin? How did we get so close in such a short period?
Missing you reminds me how much you're worth it.  I love you and will always do. You only left our memories and the ring in my finger.

Humza's pov

After reaching here in the USA, I found dad all well and busy in his work. He was suffering from viral infection and mom lied to me. I left the country worried and most importantly I left the place without informing my love. Will she forgive me? I can't even go back due to my mom's promises.
I wanted to talk to Kashaf but what could I say! I've hurt her heart. She'll never trust me again. I lost my Kashfi. How could you do this to me mom? I was lost in my thoughts and Hassan called me.

"Bhai?" Hassan said sounding troubled.

"Yes Hassan what's wrong?" I said.

"Bhai Kashaf di came to know that you're not here. She was really anguished. It'd be better if you talk to her and explain your situation." Hassan said.

"Hassan nothing can change. I'm helpless." I said.

"Bh-bhai listen to me nothing has happened. You can fix this." Hassan said and I hanged the call.

"I can fix nothing. I'm of no use. I've nothing left. What will I ever do! I'm done." I was murmuring to myself.

"Humza this is not how you deal with hardships." Dad said sitting beside me.

"Then what do I do Dad? I feel powerless." I said.

"Allah he himself is the most powerful. He only tests those whom he loves. Be glad you're one of them." Dad replied.

"I know and its an honor for me. But how will Kashaf ever trust me again?" I asked.

"If your love for each other is pure and pious it'll last forever despite the distances." Dad said.

"Yes you're right. I should act with patience" I said and he nodded.

"For now focus on your master's and you can achieve every other thing in future." Dad said patting my back.

"Yes, I'll join the university in two days." I said.

"Will you talk to her?" Dad asked before leaving.

"No I don't have the power to." I said impotent.

"Take your time." Dad said and I nodded.

I miss her. The only thing I bought is her pierced in my heart and her hair tie. Waiting is so hard, but I'll spend as much time alone as I have to, if that means getting to spend the rest of my life with you. This distance is not an obstacle but the test of our bond. I'll make it upto you Barfi. Atleast we share the same sky.

I just wanted to hear her voice at the moment. I didn't think once and dialed her number. Due to the time difference it would be night in India. Luckily she answered the call.

"Hello?" She asked and her voice succeeded in calming my heart. Her voice reflected as she had been crying from hours. I wish I was there and take her into my embrace. My arms never felt so empty as if having her would complete me to the whole.

"Hello? Who's this?" She kept asking and no words came out of my mouth. I was just content listening to her voice. She hanged the call and I could say nothing.

Writer's pov

The couple could do nothing but bear the distances. They realized being homesick for a person was a real thing. All they had was their memorybank. The hair tie and ring was the only evidence of their love. I wonder why people still underestimate the authenticity of long distance relationships. Distances mean nothing when someone is everything.

 Distances mean nothing when someone is everything

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey people

Comment and vote.

Hope you liked it:)