Chapter 12

Humza's pov

Kamil shot Zafer at his leg and the police arrested Zafer. He untied our hands and I was shocked when Kashaf hugged me the next moment. I didn't know what to do. Kamil stood their surprised at her behavior.

"Humza you are fine right." Kashaf said and Kamil separated her from me.

"Kashaf what are you doing?" Kamil said in anger.

"Humza I didn't expect this from you. You broke my trust and our friendship. You betrayed me. I thought you would keep Kashaf safe but you caused her more trouble. What were you two doing together?" Kamil said yelling at me as he held my collar.

"Bhai he did nothing. I was the one who called him here. I didn't know this would've happened." Kashaf said

"Kamil you're getting us wrong. Listen to me." I said trying to make him understand.

"I'm smart enough to understand what is going on between you two. Humza go away from here and it won't be a good thing if I find you around Kashaf ever again." Kamil said and left with Kashaf.

"Bhai listen to me." Kashaf said but he didn't listen. I didn't say anything since Kamil was angry and wouldn't listen to me either.

I went home with Hassan as I was disturbed how Kamil separated her from me. He would never let us be together. I lost Kashaf the day I found her. How will I deal with all this? Will I ever convince Kamil? I entered my house and mom was crying.

"Ma what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked her worried.

"I'm crying for my son, whom Kashaf stole from me. Look at yourself Humza. You have bruises and injuries. Your dad and I have raised you like a Nawab. You had to face such a misfortune just because of that girl's past times. Stay away from her and save yourself Humza." Mom said crying.

"Humza at this point I think your mom is correct. Stay at a distance from Kashaf for now." Dad said and I was stupefied.

"Mom and Dad how can you say that? Even Kashaf di has been through this. Think about her. You can't be so selfish." Hassan said.

"I can't afford losing my son. I don't care if this makes me selfish. Nothing is more important than my Humza." Mom said and I went upstairs as I was out of words.

Why is everyone trying their best to unconnect me from Kashaf? First it was mom and now even dad supported her while Kamil played the same role. Al-haadi (the guide) help throughout the tough times. An-Nur (the light) lighten the path bestowed for me. Oh allah let not Kashaf and me face the pain of separation even before our union.

Kashaf's pov

Humza attended a call and in the meantime I was kidnapped by Zafer. He took us to an old abandoned house and I felt like I know this place very dearly and maybe I've a strong connection here. He had tied us in a dark place. I wasn't scared because Humza was with me and as if his presence covered all my fears and problems. Zafer came and took out his gun to shoot Humza. My heart was at stake. So to speak I would die before him. I yelled and pleaded Zafer. I heard a loud gunshot and my heart stopped. No no this can't happen. I can't let anything happen to Humza. I build up courage and manged to look at him and Humza was fine instead Kamil bhai had shot Zafer. I came to my senses.

Kamil bhai untied us and I hugged Humza. I didn't know what I had done. I was just happy to see him alive. He didn't hug me back. Kamil bhai pulled me away. He held Humza's collar and accused him of betrayal. I tried explaining him what had happened. He didn't listen to me neither did he listen to Humza who was innocent. Kamil bhai took me away from the place and asked Humza to never be around me.