Chapter 7

Kashaf's pov

Mom had asked that weirdo Humza to drop me home. I didn't agree at the first place but then I had to since Haris insisted. Anyways I was just worried about my lucky charm which was lost. May allah bless the angel who will find it for me. Aameen. After Haris and Zoya got off the car weirdo Humza didn't start the ignition.
He asked me to sit in the front but I was seriously in a mood to argue with him. Well, it feels nice to see him all irritated. He didn't give up and at last I had to give in and sit beside him. I don't know what happened to him his gaze turned soft I was unable to understand.

"Kashaf" he called and that's when I realized how beautiful my name sounded by him.

"What Humza?" I replied not understanding why was my heart beating so hard.

"I have something for you" he said in his sweet tone.

"What?" I said and that weirdo started complaining again.

"Can you use any other word than WHAT, is your dictionary out of words?" He said extremely irritated and I enjoyed the angry weirdo.

"I just don't wanna waste my energy speaking to you. Anyways what were you giving me?" I asked containing my curiosity.

"Can you close your eyes for me?" He asked.

"Oh yeah I would be glad not seeing you." I replied closing my eyes.

The next few seconds I could hear nothing but our hearts beating faster than ever. I could smell his decent fragrance coming closer. I felt something around my neck. I opened my eyes only to meet his dark brown orbs so close to mine. His eyes had a question mark, were wanting to say a lot but couldn't. I noticed his stare wasn't uncomfortable for me. I felt safe.

"Humza what are you doing?" I asked getting both of us out of the moment and touched the chain around my neck and I was shocked, happy, sad and confused to find my lucky charm. My eyes turned teary, Ya allah why does Humza turn out to be the angel who got it. I looked back at his tender gaze.

"W..where did you find it?" I asked mentally slapping myself for stuttering.

"I found it at the reception but didn't know how to return it back to you. I am sorry I didn't know it was so precious to you." He replied.

"You're very dumb to trouble me so much but then getting this charm back to me makes it all worth." I said smiling.

"Ok even after all the trouble I had to face. I'm dumb. Fine. My bad. Why did I even expect a thankyou from you!" He said disappointed and started the engine.

"Your mistake." I said giggling.

The ride was silent and I was happy about getting the charm back. I kept eyeing Humza who was focused on the road. As if the silence spoke thousands of words between us. Humza broke the silence.

"Kashaf" he called my name with all the beauty it ever radiated.

"Yes?" I replied.

"You are really close to Kamil aren't you?" He asked

"Yes." I replied not giving explanations since the fact was enough.

"And you're very close to Hassan. If I'm not wrong?" I asked not knowing what to say.

"Oh yes he's just like a small kid." He said lauging. It reflected how loving he was towards him. As if he did his brought up.

"Well, I found him more mature than you." I said wanting to tease him.

"Kashaf you can never talk with me in peace. Why do you hate all men except Kamil and Ibaad Uncle?" He said only to ruin my mood.

"Because except brothers and fathers no men are trustworthy for me." I replied controlling my anger.

"Ok ok cool down. I was just asking I didn't mean to offend you." He said apologizing.

"I don't even care." I said in a cold tone.

I was quite happy spending time with him why did he ruin it bringing men up. I was unable to treat him the mean way but he forced me to. Its better if I maintain distance from him. I was lost in my thoughts and we arrived at my place.

"Thankyou" I said quickly and got off the car.

"Thankyou? For what?" He asked testing my patience.

"Thankyou for returning my pendant and for the ride, you pickpocket (thief)!" I said and ran away.

"Kashaf wait. I'll not spare you today." He said running behind me.

"Catch me if you can." I said standing behind mom. He entered the house.

"Assalamualaikum." He said to mom and dad.

"Walaikumsalam Humza. Thankyou for dropping Kashaf. Please have lunch with us." Mom said for her favorite boy.

"Yes Humza join us for lunch" dad said.

"No he has some work let him go." I said not wanting him to stay.

"Kashaf!" Mom said glaring at me and I ran upstairs to my room.

I came in my room freshened up and changed my clothes. I opened the messy bun and combed my hair to let them fall at my back. I wore a white shirt and blue pants. I didn't take off the locket it turned more pretty than before. I went downstairs as I was hungry.

Humza didn't leave yet and was sitting with my dad at my place on the table. I was angered to see him at my place but couldn't say much due to mom and sat on the chair in front of him.

"Barfi. Come have lunch you might be hungry." Dad said.

"Barfi?" Humza asked fake coughing and I could see him smirk.

"Yes, Kamil calls her Barfi so we are also habituated." Mom said laughing.

"How can she be sweet as Barfi, ice cube would suit better.!" Humza said in a whispering tone I managed to hear while mom and dad were busy talking.

I glared at him and shrugged it off

"By the way mom did Kamil bhai call?" I asked.

"Yes, he wanted to talk to you. Talk to him later after lunch." Mom said.

I ate my lunch quickly as I wanted to talk to Kamil bhai asap. I finished my food and left the dining room saying.

"Mom be careful about the pickpockets around." I said laughing and left mom and dad confused while Humza's gaze would kill me.

"Yes and be careful of some icy Barfis aunty.!" He said annoying me.

After spending some time with my dad Humza left. I sat at the deck recalling my day. It was pretty cool with Humza. I've never spend time with any boys except for Kamil bhai. He was my biggest support system and bestfriend. He literally acted like my parents when mom and dad were away from the country. I felt the same defense under Humza. Why does this guy not get off my mind.
.
.
.
I noticed his stare wasn't uncomfortable for me. I felt safe. I felt the same defense as Kamil bhai under Humza.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aren't Kashza the perfect example of the Fire boy and Water girl.?

Hey people

Share your opinions about this chapter.

Do vote and comments they help me understand your thoughts.