Chapter 13

Kashaf's pov

(A week later)

We were invited at Humza's place for a small get-together. I was excited to meet him after a long time. Although we talked on daily basis but meeting in person is all what I craved for. I mean who would not when you have a man like Humza. I liked how patiently he dealt with everything instead of fussing things up. He literally carried a sense of peace within himself. Ya Allah what more could I ask for just make him mine without any further issues. My family would agree with our relation but I wasn't sure of Hafsa aunty, she always ignored me or behaved weird. I hope she doesn't cause any obstacles between us.

"Bhabhi what is the gathering for?" I asked

"I don't really know Kashfi. Mom said we didn't gather from a long time. So a small meet would be fun." Bhabhi replied.

"Oh I see." I said.

"Glam up all pretty, Humza bhai must be waiting." She said

"And you should get ready too my bhai is also waiting." I said and she went to her room.

I went upstairs to my closet and chose a lilac dress to wear. I did subtle makeup and wore the same pendant that Humza returned. I let the hair be free. I wore bangles in contrast with my dress. Kamil bhai called me to hurry up and I looked in the mirror before leaving, this look was enough to trouble Humza.

"So Kashaf is all dolled up for someone?" Manaal said.

"I like to dress up its not as if I did all of this for Humza." I said rolling my eyes.

"I didn't even take Humza bhai's name and look at you thinking about him." Manaal said.

Leave all this and can you please stay for one more day?" I asked

"No Kashaf I've been here for more than two weeks. I am already missing alot of lectures." She said.

"I don't want you to go and Hassan doesn't want it either." I said.

"Where did Hassan come from?" She said confused.

"Manaal did you not realize how close you both have turned?" I asked.

"Its nothing as such Kashaf. I'll leave Hyderabad soon its of no use to give Hassan false hopes." She said and a tear left her eye.

"But long distances do work out Manaal. You just have to put in some efforts. And Hassan is a very good guy. I'm sure he'll keep you happy." I said.

"I don't know. He never confessed anything. I'll talk to my parents only if he shows some interest." She said.

"Yes let's hope for the best." I said and she nodded.

We reached Amin House and to our surprise Urooj's family was also present there. I could sense something was up. We were unaware that they were coming too. Why are they here? Why is Urooj so close to Humza?

"Assalamualaikum aunty" I said and Hafsa aunty didn't even answer. I tried again and she ignored. Urooj looked at me with a smirk. I shrugged it off and sat with all the ladies beside Humna bhabhi and Manaal

"Kashaf diiiii." Hassan said

"Yes Hassan?" I asked.

"Manaal didn't leave yet? I thought she would be gone so we could live in peace." Hassan said teasing Manaal.

"Don't cry Hassan I'll leave today. Anyways you can't be bold enough to express things." Manaal said under her breath but we could hear. I eyed Hassan and he understood what had to be done further.

Humza didn't meet me neither did he compliment me. Such an outdated reaction. He was busy and Urooj didn't move an inch from him. I tried my best to let her not effect my mood and behavior. I waited for Humza.