Chapter 3

Kashaf's pov

Could I be more happier, Humna and Kamil bhai are finally nikhafied by the blessings of Almighty Allah.

I met all the aunts and uncles. I was finding Zoya (my best friend) and as always she arrived late.

"Assalamualaikum Kashaf" said Zoya hugging me from behind.

"Walaikumsalam you're so late Zoya" I said.

"Sorry I couldn't make it on time" said Zoya.

"It's fine, let me introduce you to Humna" I said.

"Oh yeah, let's go" replied Zoya excitingly.

(After some time)

I was sitting with my cousins and friends and a strange guy approached us saying:

"Assalamualaikum Kashaf, aren't you Kamil's sister " he said in one go. I didn't know who he was. I saw him with Humna's family though. Maybe he was their driver or something.

"Walaikumsalam" I replied finding him strange.

The guy standing next to him started introducing them.

"We're the bride's very own brothers. He's the eldest of us, Humza. And I'm the youngest Hassan" said the small boy.

"Allah ka shukar meine use driver nahi kaha. Ah so these are the boys Kamil bhai told about" I thought.

The next moment Haris, one of my classmates stood beside Humza and Hassan.

"He's the good boy brother of ours, Haris" said Hassan.

"I noticed the whole time that weirdo Humza was lost in some other world. It didn't bother me much" I thought.

The day was tiring and the event was about to end. While talking to Kamil bhai I saw Humza staring at me again. This was too much to handle. I couldn't control and went towards him to clear it out.

I approached Humza-

"Aapko mujhse koi masla hai?" I said in an irritated tone.

"N..nnahi toh" he replied stuttering for some reason.

"Then why are you staring at me since the event begun. Its annoying stop it" I said.

"I apologize sincerely for making you uncomfortable. It wasn't my intention to do so" he replied back in a low tone.

"I don't understand why is he so scared of me! What if he finds me scary!! Wait that's none of my business. And infact its better" I thought laughing internally.

It was time for Humna's ruqsati to our place and I saw Humza's Family being all sad. Like yes it is a turning point in every girls life. I felt a sting of pain when I saw Hafsa aunty (Humza's mom) and Haris crying. That was indeed heartbreaking to see.

Why does the girl leave her comfort boundaries and create a new life with new people, that doesn't make sense to me atleast.

I tried to console Hafsa aunty that we'll take care of Humna very well. I brought her a glass of water and the way she treated me was unusual. She didn't accept the water either. And I've been noticing she just doesn't answer my salaam or talk to me with a proper attitude.

All of this was at top most in my mind. I didn't knew where to let it out. Anyways i thought it would be better to keep it to myself until the celebrations end.

(Humza's pov)

I felt nice when I saw Kashaf being so sweet to my mom and offering her a glass of water while the others were busy taking pictures. She's so thoughtful and caring. What.. what in the world is happening to me? Why does Kashaf gain all my attention?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Kashaf's pov)

(Kamil and Humna's reception)

We entered the banquet hall and I saw that weirdo Humza being extremely sweet to my mom. Which is annoying itself. I'm tired since I've been listening to Humza's taarifein (praisings) since the nikah day. I mean c'mon why is he turning everyone's favorite.

By the time I met all the elders Asfand bhai (Kamil's best friend) arrived. I went to greet him.

"Assalamualaikum Asfand bhai" I said

"Walaikumsalam Kashaf where have you been lately. I left the country for some time and look at you all grown up" said Asfand.

"Actually I was quite idle so I thought I should grow up since you would come one day and ask about why I grew up!! Am I right Asfand bhai?" I replied in a sarcastic way.

"Your humor never left you. By the way I heard you are doing Law. That's great. Best of luck" said Asfand.

"Yes alhamdullilah. I guess the food is ready and that's the reason you're here so you can go". I said.

"Hahahha yes yes" Asfand said laughing awkwardly and left towards the dining area.

I heard mom calling and she made me meet some of her friends and relatives. I was getting bored between those aunties extremely concerned about my life.

"Kashaf needs help to get out from those aunties awkward questions, bhai let's go" Hassan said to Humza.

"No, I won't come. She hates me. I don't know why I can't speak properly to her" replied Humza.

"Hahaha how can you convince the girl if you're so scared of her. Watch me and learn" Hassan said confidently.

"Bhai don't listen to his words. He always lands up in trouble because of his actions" said Haris.

Humza hummed since he was happy about how confident Hassan was unlike him.

Hassan approached Kashaf.

(Back to Kashaf's pov)

I saw Hassan coming toward us.

He came and told "Kashaf where were you Kamil bhai was asking about you from so long"

I was confused about why Kamil bhai would ask Hassan about me. Anyways I was happy to get out of the place.

"Why did you call me?" I asked Hassan.

"I know you needed help out of there" Hassan replied back.

"Thanks though" I replied.

I liked how thoughtful Hassan is.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(To be continued)