Chapter 20

Writer's pov

"Humna I left my phone on the table. Pass it to me. Barfi you're fine right?" finding Kashaf all disturbed Kamil asks her confused. She let out no word still stunned by Humza's sudden appearance. Her therapy was torn to pieces as all the memories hit her hard.

"Yeah she's fine Kamil. Here take your phone." Humna replied hurriedly as Kashaf simply nodded.

"Ok I'll take my leave." Kamil says leaving the room.

"Kashfi what's wrong with you? Humza bhai is here. He'll make everything alright. You don't need to worry." Humna says letting out a deep sigh and opens the door for Humza.

"Kashfi talk to me. Please. I can explain." Humza says and Kashaf utters no word facing her back towards him.

"Bhai you are tired. You should go home and take rest. We'll talk in the morning." Humna says

"Ok tell me if you need anything." Humza says leaving the place and his eyes never left Kashaf in the hope she would turn around and stop him all for herself.

"Why did you return? What more do you want my sister to go through? You think you can leave her and come back as per your convenience? If so wake up!" Kamil yells holding onto Humza's collar infront of the ward.

"Kamil stop with all this. I don't want to answer you anything. And I'm back only for my Kashaf. Let's see who can stop me from making her mine." Humza replies pushing Kamil away.

"Humza don't exceed your limits. You're Urooj's fiance if you forgot. Abid is whom Kashaf will marry." Kamil says

"KASHAF WILL ONLY MARRY ME. You can't force your decisions on her." Humza says freeing his collar from Kamil's hands.

Humza's pov

I never knew Kamil would be causing hindrance in my life. Why did I even leave USA to face such trouble? The distances were painful but the proximity doesn't help either. My ears crave for her voice. My arms crave for her hugs. My heart longs for her. I have really disappointed her this time. I should talk to her first thing tomorrow. It was 3 in the morning. Everyone would be asleep now. So I entered through the back door. I entered the living room and sat down guilty of how I behaved with Kamil. I sat there for a few minutes and the lights were turned on revealing Hassan.

"Bh-bhai H-hu-humza bhai is that you. If this is a dream I don't want it to end." Hassan said hugging me tightly. Ya allah how much I missed him.

"Yes Hassan its me. How are you?" I said hugging him back.

"Bhai when did you come and why didn't you inform us. We could've received you at the airport." Haris said.

"It was all a very sudden plan and I didn't want to disturb you all. Is mom sleeping?" I asked.

"Yes mom's asleep. You can meet her in the morning." Haris replied.

"Bhai you met Kashaf di?" Hassan asked and I slightly nodded.

"How fortunate of Kashaf to meet his majesty Humza Amin before everyone of us after almost 2 whole years." Haris said.

"I guess it is the most unfortunate thing to her." I replied.

"She was surprised maybe. You can fix this later. You met Humna di also?" Hassan said.

"Yes I met Humna aswell. Its late you both should sleep. I'll meet mom in the morning." I said and went upstairs to my room.

Entering the room everything was just as I left. Perfectly arranged at its place. I kept the bags at the corner and took a pair of clothes to shower and freshen up. The flight was tiring but it was all worth one eye contact with Kashfi. I shut my eyes wanting to sleep but something was missing and felt undone. I felt afraid to trust love, remembering I have crossed a great ocean of loneliness only to find you Kashfi. I am deeply in love with the impossibility of us. I was home but I felt lost, because you define my version of home and I can't help but love you more for that. Today I saw a stranger in her eyes, were once I had my soulmate. But at the end we can't skip chapters, that's not how life works. I miss you Kashfi even though we met a few hours ago. This wasn't a very good encounter of ours after 2 years. I deserved a better goodbye. I wish I waited for the night to pass and met her fully prepared. When I say I miss you it lit means I hate not seeing you each day beside me and that shit hurts.

Kashaf's pov

(Next day)

I was discharged from hospital and we were on the way to our house. The world held silence today and my mind was the loudest. I just can't deal with these questions anymore. I need to change the direction to coat the feelings and cure my obsession. Why Kashaf why do you still want Humza who didn't contact you for so many days? Why do you want Humza to love you as before? Why do you want Humza! My heart only wants him to love me like he did two years back but that's so selfish of me. He's Urooj's fiance. He visited me last night only to show sympathy.

Kashaf wrapped her sensible queries in sugar coated lies to reassure herself from the reality.

"Barfi, Humna did you know about Humza's return?" Kamil bhai asked breaking the silence and my words were stuck. How does he know? Oh no ya allah why did they even meet? This isn't a good thing!

"We didn't know anything about his return right Kashfi?" Humna bhabhi replied calmly and I nodded.

"Humna.tell.me.the.truth. What was he doing in the hospital last night? Why did I catch him leaving Kashaf's ward?" Kamil bhai asked almost yelling at bhabhi and yes this was my extent of my control I couldn't hold anymore.

"Kamil bhai why do you think you can behave like that with Humna bhabhi? Do you not know how precious of blessings she's carrying within herself? You should rather be grateful of her to carry your baby and look at you showing her all the attitude? You can't be my sweet and caring Kamil bhai at all. Look at yourself. Humna bhabhi knows nothing about Humza. Do you understand?" I said angrily and I could hear bhabhi's sobs.

"Hu-humna I'm sorry. I was just occupied by the revenge on Humza that I totally forgot about us as a separate thing. I promise I'll spend more time with you and our baby." Kamil bhai said calming bhabhi down.

"Its okay Kamil don't be sorry about it. But please leave Humza bhai. He never intended to all of that." Humna bhabhi said.

"Humna forget that Humza is your bhai if you don't want to get hurt." Kamil bhai added and I said nothing between the couple's conversation.

The drive ended and we entered the living area only to find Humza. Two years later, there he is. Unchanged in the way as I am unchanged, the same brown eyes, the same messed hair, the same weirdo Humza. He's dressed in a dark blue thoab since its Friday. Blessing my eyes with the view. The picture of ease.
"Kashfi"  he says bringing peace to my disturbed heart. The sweetness of his voice was same despite the years. Oh how bad I wanted to ignore everyone around and run towards him hugging his muscular body and telling him how freaking much I missed and needed him. No Kashaf you just can't do this. Control.

"Humza why are you here again? Leave the place right now!" Kamil bhai said in the rudest tone ever which intolerable. Only I can scold, shout, be rude to him and no one else can talk to him like that.

"Bhai I called him here." I don't know what I said but I just did and all of them looked at me with shocked expressions.

"Kashaf-" Kamil bhai was saying and bhabhi interrupted.

"Kamil I think we should go." Humna said taking bhai upstairs as he glared Humza as if he would kill him anytime.

"Kashfi listen to me. Please." Humza said in the most convincing tone.

"Speak Humza speak for yourself and present some of the best lies you've prepared." I replied.

"Kashfi why will I lie to you my love?" Humza asked

"You can leave me so truths and lies barely matter now Humza." I replied

"I.had.reasons.Do you understand?" He yelled at me for the first time, staring into my soul.

"What? Well what possible reasons made you forget me for 2 years. The pain and suffering I went through the past times is beyond your imagination, how and just how could you be so irrespective about informing me". I yelled back. Holding my tears back.

"You wouldn't understand. Situations weren't easy to tackle" he replied. I had no words. He of all people believes I won't understand him. He just doesn't think of me anymore. I can't believe it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Heya hoomins
Vote and comment, it matters.

I know its been more than a week since I published. I'll try my best to be regular with posting.