Chapter 6

Humza's pov

I couldn't stop thinking about the locket which I didn't return Kashaf because nobody left us alone. It would've been more awkward giving her in front of everyone. I don't even know how she would react. Why did I of all people got this extremely valuable locket of hers Ya allah! Lost in my thoughts I heard Mom calling me.

I went downstairs to see Kamil and Humna. Conveying salam I entered the living room.

"Assalamualaikum" I said shaking hands with Kamil.

"Walaikumsalam Humza, come sit with us"
replied Kamil and Humna.

"What bought you two here?" I asked

"Actually we're leaving for KSA tonight as per your sister's wish, so we came here to inform Amin uncle and Hafsa aunty and take blessings." said Kamil.

"Nice. Have a very safe journey" I said.

"Thanks" replied Kamil.

I left house after talking to them for a while as I had to pick-up Haris from university. To my surpirise I saw Kashaf at the entrance leaving the place looking really pale. I approached her hesitantly.

"Assalamualaikum Kashaf" I said.

"Walaikumsalam. Why are you here?" she asked.

"Oh I'm here for Haris. By the way you  sound so dull. Should I drop you home?" I replied

"No thankyou, driver uncle would be waiting" she replied in a low yet cold tone.

"Ok Allah hafiz take care" I said.

"Allah hafiz" she replied uninterested in the conversation.

After she left I put my hands in the pocket to take out my phone and I found Kashaf's locket. Why did I not return it to her!!

(Two days later)

I was working on my model for a project and I got a call from Husna aunty (Kashaf's mom).

"Assalamualaikum aunty" I said.

"Walaikumsalam Humza" she replied.

"How are you aunty?" I asked.

"I'm fine beta. I called you to ask if you could pick-up Kashaf from university today and drop her home, as our driver is on leave and Ibaad (Kashaf's dad) is busy with a meeting." she asked.

"Oh yeah. Sure aunty. I'll drop her off." I replied.

"Thankyou so much beta. May allah bless you with a good wife. Allah hafiz." she said

"Ji Allah hafiz aunty" I said and hanged the call.

Why did she call me! I wish that good wife turns out to be someone like her beautiful daughter. Wait what am I even thinking. Why would I marry that icy Kashaf. Anyways I was happy to meet her.

At the entrance I found Kashaf talking to a girl Zoya, Haris talks alot about Zoya. I wonder how Haris managed to be friends with Icy Kashaf's bestfriend.

"Assalamualaikum" I said going near them.

"Walaikumsalam. You're here again for?" Kashaf said immediately questioning me.

"I'm here to pick you up as per Husna Aunty's order. You are coming with me and I'll drop you home. Any other questions?" I said trying not to make an eye contact with her.

"What! I'm going nowhere with you atleast." she said pressing the word atleast.

"As if I'm dying to take up your pick and drop responsibility. I can do nothing but do what your mom asked me to." I replied.