Chapter 15

Humza's pov

(Two days later)

I was in the living room sipping my coffee and mom entered talking to Rahila aunty (Urooj's mom). I was about to leave but my feet paused when I heard them finalizing the wedding dates. No I can't let this happen. What can I even do? How can I go against my mom who's my everything! I wanted to talk to Kashaf about this. I left towards her place.

"Assalamualaikum." I said entering Ibaad Mansion.

"Walaikumsalam Humza. How are you?" Husna aunty asked.

"I'm fine Aunty. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. By the way are your wedding dates finalized?" She asked

"He must've started shopping also right Humza?" Kashaf said

"No aunty I don't know anything. You can ask mom." I said and Kashaf ran upstairs.

"She needs time. What are you going to do Humza?" Kamil asked

"I don't know Kamil. I've no answers and solutions." I replied

"Don't hurt my sister under your clueless self!" Kamil said making me look at him and I nodded

"Go meet her. She must be waiting." Humna said and I could sense Kamil's anger. Shrugging it off I went to Kashaf's room. She was standing at the deck.

"Kashfi are you mad at me?" I asked turning her around.

"There's no point in getting mad at you. You yourself are helpless Humza. Its fine if you accept what Hafsa aunty is saying. Afterall she's your mom." Kashaf said with her eyes closed.

"What! Kashfi you're my only hope at the moment. Please don't discourage me by such words." I said holding her hands in mine. Taking her hands back she tied her hairs in a messy bun and I was immersed in her beauty.

"You are the finest, loveliest, and the most prettiest person I've ever known- and even that is an understatement." I said looking deep into her eyes and taking the hair tie from her wrist and sliding a ring on her delicate finger, moving the strands of her hair at her face.

"Humza try to understand. I won't marry you without Hafsa Aunty's consent. I belong to a respectful family. I can't let our marriage be the cause of my parents impiety." She said and I couldn't believe my ears. Does name and other people matter to her more than our relation? I was taken aback.

"Do you even hear yourself love? You indirectly asked me to stop chasing you." I said in a polite way moving away from her.

"That's definitely not what I meant. You're getting me wrong. Anyways let's skip this topic." She said holding my hand.

"Didn't you like my first ever gift for you Kashfi?" I said

"Oh yeah its pretty thankyou." She replied with a slight smile with thousand words  behind. I pulled her into my embrace.

"You know what Humza. I've a strange feeling. Nvm. Leave after having dinner. Can we please spend the day together? Please?" She asked

"Ok. Where does Kashfi wanna go?" I asked

"Uhm ice-cream date!" She said giggling.

"To the ice-cream parlor we head!" I said

"Barfi where are you going?" Kamil asked as we were exiting the house.

"Oh bhai we'll be back in some time. Don't worry." Kashaf replied and Kamil glared at me as if he was angry about something. I just waved at him and started the car.