Final Chapter: Fleeting Carelessly

okanoue asami

   Today is the last day I will be a high school student. The last day that I will look back at these tables and chairs. The last time in this classroom.

I made so much memories in this whole one year. The pain that the accident was replaced by cheerful and unending smiles from the people I met here in Aoba Johsai. Time fleeted carelessly.

It was not that long when I met Toru Oikawa. A stranger who was passing by  at the park that I accidentally poured water to. Well, it was his fault. Nevertheless, that was the turning point of my life.

Meeting him led me to open my past and get through with it. Opening it caused me so much pain. Looking for the memories I have lost and realizing that I forgot the person I loved shocked me. Keiji Akaashi, my first love. He never did me wrong but I guess, love is not always about your firsts.

As I was hurting, Keiji was also hurting. I never wanted him get hurt. But I still did it. I wanted to get our closure that was delayed for a long time. I loved him but not as much as I love Tooru.

He knew everything. Tooru knew everything. And I cannot do anything about it. He was silently hurting. As he was fighting his demons, he was also fighting for the love of his life.

I never regret that it happened to me. These unfornate events led me to find my one great love. Clichè as it seems but yes. It made a way for me and Tooru to meet and feel what love is.

My third year in High School was full of fun. Ichika and Aoi became my friends and they never left me as well. I became close with Oikawa's friends as well that made our circle a little bigger and of course together with my twin.

I guess, time to say goodbye? But I know I will cherish all of these memories to my heart. I will take care of it..

"MI AMOR!" A panting Oikawa blocked my vision as he fixed himself cut my walk to memory lane. "We've been looking for you! Oh. Why are you so teary eyed?"

A gave him a little smile and opened the window of our classroom. "Time flies so fast. Last day being here. Just being emotional."

"It is not like that you will be gone. We can always go back in here." He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a peck on my cheeks.

"Hmmm. You have a point. Let's go?"

We went out and looked for our friends with hands intertwined.

They were outside of the school laughing and telling stories, I bet.

"Oy. Kusokawa, Asami!  Let's take a picture now. Where have you been?"  Hajime angrily called us.

"Sorry. It was my fault I was reminiscing."

"It is fine. Don't mind Hajime. He was just being emotional as well."  Aoi smiled at me. I never thought those two will date each other. Well, it worked out.

"Hey. Closer please?" Sakura Ino, Tooru's ex-girlfriend is here. I find it funny because she's the one who will take our picture. Oh. She's dating Nakagawa. Who would've thought right?

One last picture of our high school life. "One, two and smile!"

As  the light flashed so was the last memorabilia we left.

-

We were on the way home when mom spoke. "We have a little party for your graduation okay?"