Cursed Widow - N.R

shapeshifter!demon!reader who's been getting on the radar of S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers bc you leave quite the body trail. You eat by feeding on souls and leaving bodies because you're careless. But careless enough to get caught.

Set after AOU, Pietro is alive bc I said he is and Bucky is an avenger✨

G!P Nat. Imagine her Black widow look, like her ponytail with the braids and her black suit with the gold from the movie.

—————

Natasha POV:

I was drowning out the noise of the other avengers in the living room trying to figure out this case. This person has no specific trail. They kill anyone they can get their hands on. But for once I'm stumped. They've got me. I don't know what the hell were going to have to do to catch them.

"We've got a lead!" is the only thing that makes me and everyone else perk up. Fury you son of a bitch. "What you got for us?" Tony questions the Director. "Bodies showing up in a town outside the city. Only a few. We think whoever this son of a bitch is will come back for the rest." He says standing in front of us all. "What's so special about this town?" Race asked. "It's a quiet town, barely any visitors. Only locals. So, no one would know for a while" he sighed. "We've got to get this guy. You will all leave in an hour. Get ready" He warned us before walking out and leaving us all to scramble out of our seats and get our suits and weapons ready.

-time skip bc I mf can🖕🏽-

We arrived on the scene, the bodies looked fresher than the others we'd seen in the past when trying to track him down. We walked around the quiet village town, but it just looks like a dead end. "We're too late" I sigh. "Maybe not. Spread out, search for any survivors" Cap commands in a hopeful tone, "Wanda you're Nat and Bucky up ahead, Pietro and Peter, you're with me on the right. Tony, Thor and Clint you guys go left" he tells the newest recruits. We all follow his commands and split off into our respective groups.

I hear a gasp from behind me and turn to find Wanda closing the door to one of the houses. "What? You backing out now?" I ask Wanda smirking. She shakes her head "No. It's just...It's mine and my brothers first real field mission" she says playing with her run nervously. "You get used to it" I tell her offering a sad smile which she returns.

"We'd gotten here earlier if Tony's satellite would've picked up the heat signature" Bucky mumbles walking ahead of us. I nod Wanda over and start to catch up with him. after a minute of her still not catching up I turn to see her walking while looking up at the roofs. "Come on Wanda! Gotta keep up witchy" I yell her over teasing.

We search a few houses and find nothing but a few bodies on the way, less than usual. It gets me thinking they might still be here. Bucky notices my thinking and asked "What you thinking Romanoff?" Wanda hums in interest too. "Usually they'd leave more so either there was not enough and he's still around or he's long gone looking for others" I say with a heavy sigh before walking ahead of the two to try and crack this.

I heard a noise from inside a house after a while so I warn the others that I'm going to check it out before entering as a precaution. I open the door and it's just...More bodies. They're dried up and shrivelled. "Vampires?" I question. I mean it wouldn't be so crazy with all the stuff we've seen before. The bodies have no traces of blood. It could make sense. Then I hear a sniffles and cries echoing from the church a few houses over and instantly take off. Maybe it's a survivor. Maybe this person could tell us what happened. They could have information on who did this.

When I get there i open the heavy doors to see a small girl crying. I approach her carefully to not scare her. "Hey" I greeted and her sniffles stop for a second as she looks at me. "What happened here?" I ask. "Please. You have to help us" she pleads through sobs rubbing some blood off her cheek. "They ki-killed everyone. My mother s-she tried to keep me a-away from it. Keep me safe b-but that..t-tha.." She manages to get out, choking on sobs.