The New Kid Appears At The Doorstep [REWRITTEN]

New York, XXXX.

It was the first day of school for most kids, and especially for one Alexander Hamilton fast asleep at his bed.

Tap, tap tap, tap, tap. The window was tapped at, and he jolted with each noise, slumping around. He didn't like getting up, it was the worst thing to do in the mornings. The bed was too soft and comfortable, despite him knowing it wasn't as comfortable last night. It took him a bit to actually fall asleep.

Finally he had decided to actually get up. He blinked his eyes of the sand, and leaned over his nightstand to open the window. A raven had fluttered its way in and made itself at home on his bed. “Oh, what would I be without you?” He spoke towards the bird, moving his hand to caress and pet its dark feathers.

Once he was able to get out of bed, he realised he needed to change out of the Nasa pajamas and the boxers he had on if he actually wanted to look just a bit presentable. The Raven, as if it understood, cocked its head and hopped off onto the nightstand as Alexander threw an outfit onto the bed and headed for the shower.

Now to think to himself as he got into the shower. He wanted more sleep, he really did, but he had decided before the first day of school he'd spend some of his allowance at Target, and ended up in the middle of the store, bleary-eyed, with a tiny cactus in his hand. Of course he may have over expected what he may need for the school year, but that'd be fine. He kinda always did..

Regardless he'll be okay. He got out of the shower and fixed his hair into a ponytail, and got dressed in a casual outfit, a simple black hoodie with a pair of jeans and converse.

“What do you think?” He turned towards the Raven perching on the nightstand, which was met with a caw. He took it as a compliment. “Thanks, you look quite dashing yourself! The other birds are gonna swoon.” He joked, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. He wanted to check if he had everything, his phone, a pair of earbuds, and whatever else he could possibly think of.

“Something is missing..” He muttered to himself, glancing at his vanity. That was it! He went to the simple mirror and leaned down, grabbing black eyeliner and taking a few minutes to apply it. Right as he was done and checking himself out, he heard a shout of his name.

“Alexander! !Cariño¡, Come get your breakfast before it gets cold!” His mother called.

“Coming, Mama!” He shouted back, coming out of his room and jumping down a few stairs to his seat at the table. He adored his mother's cooking. Of course, she was his adoptive mother. He turned his upper body towards the couch in the living room, a sleeping man on it. He shuddered, groaned, and turned to his mother. “Mama, it's been years. When are you going to finally get that divorce?” Alex complained.

She sighed as she covered the Tupperware holding the rest of the batter she had made for the waffles. “Alexander.. your Father is just a little... challenged.” She tried to excuse the behaviour, changing the subject. “I didn't know you were bothered enough to put on make-up. Are you nervous for this year? We haven't been here in years..” She reached her hand up towards the cabinet, plants hanging down from the ceiling.

Alex shrugged, stuffing his face full of the pancakes. “Mmph, I jus belif that he'd b gon bye nowf..” He swallowed his food before continuing. “And I just felt like something was missing.” He elaborated on the query.

He looked at the time on his phone, realising the ideal time to get going would be in five minutes. He wasted no time finishing the rest of his breakfast, and giving a goodbye kiss to his beloved mother before he went out the door. He walked down and to the side alley, unlocking his bike from a bike parking spot in the small alley. His slightly ajar open window made a squeaking noise as the raven moved the window more open to slip through, flapping its way down to perch on Alex's shoulder. He gave it a few gentle pets before taking off on his bike towards the location of his new highschool.