New Challenger Appears [OLD VERSION]

New York, Washington Heart Riverhigh, 6:40am

In Washington Heart Riverhigh, the new kids who join the highschool get a choice to join a 2 hour tour of the entire school and it's off school ground activities, leaving the recent kids who've been there for a year and more a break every first school day for the time being. Alex didn't go on the tour since he was basically stuck in a spot trying to be unnoticed.

Over on the other side of the school, Thomas had decided to get off his phone and go see what this new kid was all about.

Alex was on Instagram, watching some videos on parakeets getting stuck in things. He heard steps walk towards him, so he quickly clicked out of the video he was watching and stuffed his phone in his pocket. He inhaled and looked up to see a tall chocolate skinned man with curly hair looking down at him. He felt like his heart would melt like the scene from The Wizard of Oz.

"H-hey! How are you?" Alex pathetically squeaked out towards Thomas. Something about him seemed familiar.

"So.... you're the new kid around here? Hm. You aren't the tough type? That's new. What's your name?" Thomas smirked at the seemingly nearly terrified for life kid, getting him to slightly back up.

"I- uh- Alex! Alexander. Alexander Hamilton." Alex turned his head away, a faint dust of pink appearing on his cheeks.

"Mine is Thomas Jefferson. Basically the most known person around here. Your name seems familiar. Well, don't go eyeing one of my friends or you're gonna end up dead." Thomas planted his hand next to Alex's head, basically letting Alex's chances to walk away to a 0.

Alex gulped and looked back up at him, Thomas's grin shooting an arrow through Alex's heart. "A- J- Jus- Alright! I got it! I'll see you around, Thomas!"

Alex watched Thomas walk away and mutter something. He turned around and started walking, then as soon as he turned he got tripped by someone.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! Here let me help you up!" A voice cried.

Alex had his body pulled up to meet a man with freckles, a curly bun, whom was accompanied by two other men looking at him.

"Are you ok? Geez I didn't mean to hurt someone... I don't have bandages so have a lolipop!" The freckled man said. He handed the lolipop to Alex and smiled.

"I'm fine. It's ok, h-honestly. I'm Alexander Hamilton."

"I'm John Laurens! Your name reminds me of someone... I don't know who. But I'm glad you're joining us for the last year of school."

"Thanks. Honestly I'm glad to be here."

"Sometimes it's bad. But you'll get used to it in no time!"

Alex smiled. Maybe this school year wasn't gonna be as bad as the last ones. Maybe he'll actually be able to make some friends. But there's one problem.

He was gaining a huge crush on Thomas Jefferson, and he didn't even know it.

(511 words)