Trust and Virtues (Over a Spot of Tea) [REWRITTEN "PANIC! AT THE LUNCHROOM"]

Middle Period, Lunchroom

Alexander was making his way to lunch, passing a few familiar faces such as Mariah and Thomas. He didn't dare speak to them though. He joined the group plus Aaron on the way to the lunchroom.

"So, how did your first two periods treat you?" Laurens nudged Alexander, smiling.

"Well, Aaron is in my Math Advanced Placement class, but.. you know that Jefferson is in all of my classes, right?"

"Thomas Jefferson? Was he nagging you, do I have to fight him?" Laurens seemed to be putting on a fighting pose, fists up and fake-punching the air.

"No, no! John, you don't have to fight anyone." Alexander laughed at him, patting his back. "I just.. something is off about us, he can act friendly but like a snake at the same time and— it's so confusing!"

Herc raised an eyebrow at the conversation. "Like a snake?"

Laf smiled and said something in French, which Laurens translated.

"He is not a snake, but a mere weasel, he means." The freckled boy mentioned.

"Boys, I will have you know I'm aquatinted with Thomas and I could easily report what you say to him," Aaron tapped his temple and walked beside Alexander. "But I'm not going to. Sometimes he can be like a weasel."

Alexander and the crew eventually made it to the cafe, sitting down at an empty table.

Alex had thought about what Burr said, considering how Burr didn't tell them he was going to report it and instead confided in them about his slight agreement. A middle man to every problem, especially with that Thomas Jefferson. Huh.

"Ah, shit." He mumbled, digging in his lunch box. "I don't have lunch with me."

Lafayette perked up at the notion, and leaned over the table. "I never get to do this anymore, since John started to remember to bring his lunch back in middle school!" He grinned, pulling out an extra lunch from his bookbag. Alex thought it strange to bring a whole bookbag to the cafe, but he wasn't complaining when there was free food.

He took it with a small smile, noting how it was freshly packed. "You bring a second lunch with you?" Alexander questioned, opening the box and quickly biting into the sandwich.

"Well, I usually go around and see who doesn't have the money, and I give them lunches. Makes me feel good inside, you know?"

"A bit strange, but I'm not complaining." He continued to eat, being careful not to get any crumbs on his hoodie. He hated when food got on his clothes. It bothered him to an unreal amount.

He suddenly stopped when everyone stopped talking and he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned, only to be met by that one eccentric guy, Charles Lee.

"Hi?" He spoke, only to be grabbed by the front of his top and yanked up out of his seat. "?! The hell, man?"

"So, you want to explain why you were talking shit about Jefferson?"

"Well, it's my personal opinion."

Laurens in the corner of his eye slowly stood up, but Hercules and Lafayette were quick to grab him and put him back in his seat. Harsh considering he was about to get beat up, but he can understand and equally did not want John to get involved.