Beach Night [OLD VERSION]

The birds were chirping. The sun glimmered like a bright disco ball. Alexander sat on his bed, looking out the window as he watched the sun gleam. His calendar read the words: April 12, 2020. In all those few months, he had been with his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alexander! Get your ass over here!"
Angelica had yelled for him, it was only a minute before the ball had dropped. They had all traveled to Times Square in Manhattan, New York, to see the ball drop. Alexander ran through the incoming crowd, thank god he was short, people didn't mind and probably mistook him for a child. He held a tray of cookies and drinks, the drinks in Starbucks coffee cups. He soon made it to the others, each taking their drink which was easy by the naming. A few names on the cups were misspelled, but that didn't matter. Samuel laughed at the misspelling of his name, and showed his boyfriend it, Charles. They laughed as Charles wrapped his arm around Samuel.

John and Hercules laughed at their tall french boyfriend's name being misspelt, especially since it would have been hard to spell. Maria and Peggy had sipped their drinks, enjoying that it warmed them up unlike the temperature around them. Eliza and Angelica had huddled together with Maria and Peggy, it was cold for them, especially since they didn't have that much of winter clothing. James Madison and Aaron had finally started dating! They were in each other's arms, James having Aaron hide in his coat since the calm bookworm couldn't handle the cold. James had to drag him out of the car! What a goofy couple.

James Reynolds and John Adams had started dating a month ago, James personally wanted to see how dating a man would go and they started experimenting. They've been together since.

Alexander soon made it to Thomas, in turn the Virginian wrapped his arm around Alexander and held him close.
"You're lucky you were able to convince your parents to go here." Thomas smiled, sipping his drink. Alexander smiled as well, hugging him from the side. "You know, I'm surprised, the school year has gone by so fast. And we only have a couple of months until we graduate... I bet it'll be amazing though." Alexander rambled on until the ball reached twenty. The crowd started counting simultaneously.

Nineteen!
Eighteen!
Seventeen!
Fifteen!
Fourteen!
Thirteen!
Twelve!
Eleven!
Ten!
Nine!
Eight!
Seven!
Six!
Five!
Four!
Three!
Two!
One!

Happy New Year!

Thomas had placed his drink down and picked up Alexander, kissing him on the lips. And he kissed back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He smiled and got off his bed, grabbing his pet bird, Dante, then grabbing a backpack, afterwards grabbing his phone, and finally going to the window. It was a beautiful day outside. Thankfully it hadn't rained for the past few days. He watched Dante fly out, and he closed the window a little before going downstairs and out the door. Instead of a passed-out deadbeat excuse for a father, there was the woman from December, sitting with his mother and cuddling with her.

He went out the door where a car pulled up with all of his best friends and his boyfriend. He quickly hopped in, John driving all of them off to the beach in a flash.

Alexander sat inside the changing rooms, a little embrassed that he'd be wearing almost nothing in front of his boyfriend. His face felt warm with blush running to his face, but you know, it might not be the first time that he was going to be like this in front of Thomas, so what the hell.

Pushing the door open, he came out with a beach towel, a bag, and in green swimming trunks. Suddenly, the arm of the Virginian man wrapped around his body. Alexander let a smile crack through and he looked up at him, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Last time I saw you this beautiful was just a few nanoseconds ago." Thomas grinned at the stupid line, making the other laugh and cover his mouth. "I'm not that beautiful." He protested, walking out of the changing room place and to the beach.

"Darling, you might not say that, but I assure you you're the one I want to spend my time on Earth with." He smiled genuinely, earning a blush from the other and a bap on the arm. "Ha, right, like I'd believe that! Say that when you're proposing." He suggested. Oh, if you knew what was coming, Hamilton.

With the two parting ways, Alexander running to the water and diving in and Thomas going onto the sand to talk to the others.

What an ironic display. Two opposites, together. One out in the sea, completely daring and reaching out for something greater every day, and one who believes that you don't have to reach out as far as you thinkto get something or someone you want. It just takes patience for the two to grow close.

The laid back one, holding the other from getting in trouble while getting in trouble by throwing parties and jumping off a bridge into the water.

And the striving one, holding the laid back one from doing anything stupid, but in such a way that they don't hate each other for other things they do.

Nightfall eventually came, and the moon was over the sky like a giant white nightlight.

Thomas was on the pier with everyone else, they changed out of their swimming clothes and went back into different ones earlier. He fumbled with his hands, looking over at Alexander and back at the box at the side of his body, held by his hand.

Alexander noticed Thomas getting close to him so he decided to get closer to Thomas and held him close.
"What is it, big guy?" He asked, smiling as Thomas held one of his hands.

"Remember how you said to never ask to be your permanent partner unless I proposed to you?" He asked, Alexander nodding as he was slightly confused.

Thomas bent down on one knee and looked up at Alexander. "Would you care to be my permanent partner and grow old with me?" He took out the box and opened it to reveal a engagement ring.

Alexander froze and tensed up, everyone worried and looking on for any signs for disgust or hesitation.

Thomas was super nervous, looking up at Alexander. "I-Is it too earl-" that sentence was cut off with Alexander tearing up and tackling him, squealing in happiness. "Yes yes yes! Of course Thomas!!" Everyone was relieved as fuck, clapping and cheering as Thomas wiped the own tears from his eyes and slid the ring on Alexander's finger.

"I love you.." Alexander mumbled, holding Thomas's hands.
"I love you too darling."