The Journey Begins

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP...

"Mmm..." Yuki groaned and turned off the alarm clock, "*Yawn* Today's the day."

Yuki got out of bed and walked towards her bathroom. She showered and exited with her new clothes on and her hair brushed. She wore a white shirt with a red flannel hoodie shirt over the top, black jeans, brown boots, a brown hat, and a black choker.

"Let's see... First Aid Kit and Medicines... Camping Supplies... Portable Tent... Fishing Rod... Extra Pokéballs, all kinds... PokéNav Plus... MP3 Player... And finally, a change of clothes... Check!" Yuki said as she placed them all in her backpack.

She headed downstairs where her father, Red, was placing breakfast on the table; eggs, bacon, toast, some cut-up fruit, and orange juice.

"Morning princess," Red smiled.

"Good morning Daddy," Yuki smiled back before she frowned. "Is Mom still sick?"

"I'm afraid so," Red said, sadly.

When Yuki was 9, Delia got sick and was in bed ever since.

"Breakfast is ready. Now hurry and eat before it gets cold."

"Right," Yuki sat at the table and ate her breakfast.

"Are you excited to begin your Pokémon journey?" Red asked.

"Yes, I am. I can't wait to explore the world of Pokémon," Yuki smiled.

"You sound just like me," Red chuckled.

***

After finishing breakfast and cleaning up, Yuki headed to Professor Oak.

The walk was no longer than a few minutes before she made it in front of the laboratory.

Yuki looked up ahead and saw someone she couldn't stand, "Oh boy..."

A boy with auburn hair and black eyes was ahead. He is wearing a long sleeved purple shirt, a necklace that looked like yin and yang but in green and yellow, blue pants, and brown boots.

Gary Oak, the grandson of Professor Oak, the same person who would bully and tease her.

"Well, if it isn't Yuri," Gary said arrogantly as Yuki frowned.

"Hello Gary," Yuki said, dryly.

"Mister Gary to you! Show some respect! I got a Pokémon and you don't," Gary said, smugly.

"One; we're the same age and two; I bet it's Squirtle, you've been bragging about how about you want Squirtle for years. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get my Starter Pokémon," Yuki said as she walked past him.

"Whatever," Gary growled as he entered his car with cheerleaders and drove off.

"The hell... Does he even have a driver's license?" 

"Who knows?" Professor Oak replied after hearing Yuki's question, appearing from the door.

"Hello Professor Oak," Yuki greeted.

"Hello there Yukiko. Ready to get your Pokémon?" Professor Oak asked.

"Yes."

"Right, come on in."

Yuki followed the Professor inside his laboratory. She entered the Research area of his lab; the Research Room was where Professor Oak kept his machinery for researching Pokémon and where he has stocked the Kanto Region Starter Pokémon for new Pokémon Trainers.

CRASH...

"Oh no, not again," Professor Oak sighed.

"Not what again?" Yuki questioned.

Before he could answer, a yellow mouse Pokémon with a lighting-shaped tail, red cheek pouches, and three brown stripes on its back appeared.

"A Pikachu?" Yuki said.

"Yes. I caught him two days ago when I found him chewing on the power cables," Professor oak explained.

Yuki stared at Pikachu and couldn't help that he seemed familiar. "That's it," she snapped her fingers. "You're that Pichu I made friends with at the Summer Camp."

Pikachu stared at Yuki before jumping into her arms. "Pikachu~"

"I've missed you," Yuki said as she hugged him.

"I take it you want Pikachu as your Starter Pokémon?" Professor Oak asked.

"Yes I do," Yuki nodded.

"Now for your Pokédex," Professor Oak said as he handed her a purple Pokédex.

"Thanks, but why is this Pokédex different?" Yuki asked.

"This Pokédex is the upgraded version of the old one. I got it a custom color for you," Professor Oak explained.

"Thank you Professor Oak," Yuki bowed a bit.

"Also because you were assisting me in the lab, you're allowed to carry 9 Pokémon."

"Thank you very much Professor," Yuki said, smiling.

"You're welcome. Now off you go," Professor Oak said.

"Right! Bye!" Yuki said as she picked up her Pokémon and left the lab.

***

When they got outside, Yuki saw her dad and mom waiting for them.

"Dad, what are you doing here? I thought we were going to meet at the house," Yuki asked. "And Mom I thought you were in bed?"

"Oh, we came to wish you look on your journey, but to also say goodbye," Delia replied.

Yuki smiled at her mom.

"Is he your Starter Pokémon?" Red asked, looking at Pikachu. 

"Yes. Meet Pikachu," Yuki said.

"Pika," Pikachu waved,

"Nice to meet you. We're your trainer's parents," Delia smiled as she petted his head. "Please take good care of her."

Pikachu nodded.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I have a present for you," Red said as he pulled out a Pokéball and sent out a yellow lizard with a flame on its tail and crimson eyes.

"Char," Charmander appeared.

"A Shiny Charmander!" Yuki gasped.

"Yes. This is my Charizard's daughter," Red said.

"Thanks Dad, Mom. I love you."

"We love you too," Red and Delia hugged their daughter as she hugged back. Then they separated.

"Bye," Yuki said

"Bye Yukihimie!" Red and Delia waved at her daughter as she and her Pokémon walked towards Route 1. They smiled before they returned home.

***

Now that our heroine got her Starter Pokémon, it was time to start the journey.

***