Maiden's Peak

[INTRO]

***

The gang were sailing on a ferry from the resort of Porta Visita to a landmark called Maiden's Peak.

"Maiden's Peak welcomes the passengers arriving from Porta Visita. We invite you to attend our annual summer's end festival now in process," a man said through a speaker.

"A festival," Yuki smiled.

"Sounds like fun," Willow said, excitedly.

Brock looked towards the docks & saw a woman with a white dress, light purple hair with a flower in it, standing at the docks.

"I wonder who she is," Brock said.

The young woman turned her head to the side, facing Brock before she disappeared.

"She's gone?" Brock frowned.

"Who's gone?" Yuki questioned as Brock looked at her.

"No one, I guess I was seeing things," Brock said.

***

At the festival, our heroes were enjoying it to the fullest.

Yuki entered a drawing contest where she drew a picture of herself with Raiden & Adeen & won.

Brock & Willow played the Memory Match Game & won.

They all won Pokémon Masks.

The gang continued to walk around until they saw people gathering around the shrine. They walked closer to see an old man with a painting that was hung underneath a cover.

"Welcome to the summer's end festival, we will now display the shrine of the Maiden's greatest treasure. For 2,000 years, this painting has hung within the shrine of the Maiden. Once every year, it is removed from the shrine & displayed to the public during the Festival," the old man said as he removed the cloth from the painting.

Brock was shocked. The painting was the same woman he saw at the docks.

"This painting is the Maiden from Maiden's Peak. 2,000 years ago, men from Kanto were sent away to war. The young Maiden was in love with one of the soldiers & waited for him to return, on the cliff. But her lover never returned, they say he died in the war. The Maiden never believed that & waited for him to return for the rest of her life. They say that when she died, her body became one with the cliff & they also say that her spirit still waits for her lover," the old man explained.

"How sad," Willow said, sadly.

Also, the end of the Summer Year Festival was also the anniversary of when the soldiers left for war. Our heroes also found out that tomorrow night the people of Maiden's Peak would be sending out candles on paper lanterns onto the ocean. The candled lanterns are to help the lost spirits to find their way.

***

That evening, the gang was resting in the Pokémon Center. Yuki was making outfits for herself & her friends. Brock told his friends he saw a woman who looked just like the Maiden.

"And when I turned for a second & looked back to where she was standing, she was gone. It was like she vanished into thin air," Brock explained. "I guess it was just my imagination."

"Maybe you saw her Ghost," Yuki said, spookily.

"Seriously Snow?" Willow sighed.

"All jokes aside, check this out," Yuki said as she took out a small brown box & a journal out of her backpack. Inside the box was an old ring with a purple stone.