Cerulean Cape

[INTRO]

***

After leaving Mt. Moon, Yuki and Brock traveled along the paths of Route 4. 

"Ah, what a nice day," Yuki stopped in the middle of the road to stretch.

"We should be in Cerulean City in less than an hour," Brock said as he was looking at the map.

***

An hour has passed before our heroes made it to Cerulean City. Of course the first stop was the Pokémon Center.

Yuki decided to call her parents.

"Daddy, how's Mom?" Yuki asked.

#"She's doing great,"# Red smiled.

"That's good to know," Yuki said.

#"How are things with you?"#

"I just arrived in Cerulean City & I'm hoping to get my second badge."

#"I know you'll do fine, honey. Just do your best & think positive."#

"Thanks Daddy. I love you."

#"I love you too. Bye princess,"# Red waved before he hung up.

"Alright, your Pokémon are all set," Nurse Joy said as she handed a trainer her Pokéballs.

"Thank you so much!" the girl bowed politely before grabbing her Pokémon balls. "We spent all day training for the Cape battle."

"Cape battle? What's the Cape battle?" Yuki said as the girl turned around.

"The Cape battle is a tournament Cerulean City holds every year for trainers to come and test their skills against others for fun," the girl explains. "I'm Charlie."

"I'm Yuki and this is Raiden," Yuki said.

"Pika," Raiden greeted.

"I'm Brock," Brock said.

"Nice to meet you both," Charlie said as she shook their hands.

"Can you show us where it is?" Yuki asked.

"Follow me," Charlie said as she walked out the door with Yuki & Brock behind her.

***

They arrived at the outskirts of town by the Nugget Bridge where several trainers were engaged in battle.

"So this is the Nugget Bridge. It sure is pretty," Brock commented.

"I've heard this bridge was made by the rare gold nuggets that the miners found years ago," Charlie said.

"This is perfect," Yuki said as she and Charlie walked up to the sign-up table.

"I'd like to sign up, please," they both said.

After they signed up, Charlie left to prepare.

***

"Vespa Twinneedle," Yuki said.

Vespa's stinger-like arms glowed bright blue and hit Clefairy multiple times.

"Clefairy use Fire Punch," the trainer said.

Clefairy's fist became engulfed in flames and charged at Vespa.

"Block it." Vespa shielded herself with her arms as Cleafairy punched into them. "Now Pin Missile."