Dark City

Before arriving at their next destination, our heroes came to a town suffering from a drought. The river stopped flowing by a bunch of thorns, but thanks to an old hippie & his Snorlax, they made the river flow again.

***

***

"So, this is Dark City," Brock said, looking around.

"More like a Ghost Town," Yuki said. "It feels like this place has been abandoned."

"Tell me about it. Nobody's here & it's the middle of the day," Brock added.

"Hey, there's a woman with her son," Willow was about to wave at them, but the woman herded her son away from the trainers. "What was that about?"

"Something doesn't feel right," Yuki said.

"This place is creepy," Tomo said as he held Yuki's hand.

Suddenly, some rocks came out of nowhere & nearly hit them.

"That did it," Yuki said. "Raiden, Corin Thunder Shock."

"CHUUUUU! /BLITZZZZ!" Raiden & Corin fired shocks of yellow electricity at the attackers.

"AHHHH!" The attackers fell into a bunch of straw & the gang saw it was three little boys.

"Kids?" Brock & Willow questioned.

"Mean kids," Tomo frowned.

"What the hell you do that for?" Yuki glared at the kids which made them freeze.

"Y-Y-Your Pokémon trainers!" The kid with blue hair & blue eyes shouted.

"Go away!" the kid with reddish brown hair & black eyes agreed.

"We don't want you here!" The kid with black hair & eyes shouted, angrily.

Suddenly, Galen came out of her Pokéball & attacks the 3 boys with Double Slap. Then 3 boys soon rub their faces in pain. Galen stops & walks towards her mother.

Yuki giggles as she picks up her baby Pokémon, "Good one, girl."

"Happiny. (Thanks Mama.)" Galen smiled.

"Ben! Troy! Alex! Stop it! What did I tell you?" A voice called out. It was a man with brown hair, wearing a green apron. He turned to the gang & bowed, "Sorry these boys mean no harm."

Yuki & her Pokémon snorted.

"Mr. Jim," the three boys said.

"Please come to my restaurant & I'll explain everything," Mr. Jim said.

"... Okay..." The gang said, confused.

***

"Here in Dark City, there are two Gyms: the Yas and Kaz Gym. They're in the middle of a war & they'll hire any Pokémon trainer to battle for them," Mr. Jim explained as he placed 4 plates of omelets in front of them.

"So that's why nobody's in the streets," Willow said.

"What's the point in all of this?" Brock asked.

"They claim that whoever wins will become the Official Pokémon Gym," Troy replied.

"That's not how becoming an Official Pokémon Gym works," Brock growled as he got a tick mark.

"Both Yas & Kaz leaders are idiots & the trainers who have allowed themselves to be roped into this are bigger idiots," Yuki stated, irritated.

Crash! Smash! Crash! Sounds of breaking windows and buildings.