Mt Moon

[INTRO]

***

Our heroes were on their way to Cerulean City with Raiden sleeping on Yuki's backpack.

"According to the PokéNav Plus, we're heading to Mt. Moon," Yuki informed.

"People say that a meteor crashed into the mountain," Brock explained.

"Is that so?" Yuki said.

"The meteor is called the Moon Stone," Brock said.

"Moon Stone? Isn't that an evolution stone?" Yuki asked.

"Yes," Brock nodded.

"AHHHH!" A scream was heard in the distance.

"What the?" Brock exclaimed.

"It sounds like someone is in trouble," Yuki said as the scream woke up Raiden, "We better check it out."

They ran towards the source of the scream and saw a man being attacked by a bunch of blue eyeless bat Pokémon.

Yuki scanned the Pokémon

Zubat, the Bat Pokémon. Being in the sun isn't healthy for Zubat, so it spends the day sleeping in caves. Since it doesn't have eyes, it uses ultrasonic waves to detect its surroundings.

"Raiden use Thunder Shock," Yuki said.

Raiden fired a shock of yellow electricity at the Zubat which hit and made the Zubat leave in a real hurry.

"Are you okay, sir?" Brock asked as he helped the unknown man up.

"Oh yes, I'm quite alright," the man said. "Thank you for saving my life."

"You're welcome. I'm Yuki and this is my partner, Raiden," Yuki said.

"Pika," Raiden waved.

"And I'm Brock," Brock said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Seymour, a Scientist and a Researcher," Seymour introduced himself.

"Why were the Zubat attacking you?" Yuki asked.

"Come with me," Seymour said as he led them into the cave and pointed to the cave walls. "These lights are the reason why. Someone has strung these lights throughout the whole cave. But the Pokémon in the cave need the dark. These lights are making them confused and aggressive."

"So that's why the Zubat attacked you," Brock said.

"Yes, and look over there. The Paras are planting their mushrooms everywhere and drying up the Sandshrew," Seymour informed as Yuki pulled out her Pokédex

Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokémon. Disliking water, it lived in deep burrows in dry areas. It can roll itself into a ball.

Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon. When Paras eats, it's mostly just feeding the mushrooms on its back. These mushrooms, known as tochukaso, can be picked, dried and ground into powder for use in medicine.

One Sandshrew was panting like crazy.

Yuki ran towards Sandshrew and petted its head, "Are you okay?"

Sandshrew nodded.

Yuki took a bowl and filled it with water, "Drink up, little fella."