Chapter 1 (Grandpa says 'You will')

(JENNIE POV.)

"Is this how you do your work?! If you think the company needs a worker like you, you must be dreaming. What are you all doing? Redo everything!! I'll give a week's time to sort this out. You better not dissapoint me, or else meeting adjourned!!"

Without blinking an eye, Jennie left the conference room and returned to her office.

Witch,Demoness,Asura~~ Jennie was aware of all those name-calls behind her back but she did not care about it. All she needed was to make sure her .randfather's company would not go bankcrupt and would still continue to prosper.

"Madam, here's the recent report about the market." Esther placed the paper on the table.

Jennie read the context and few seconds later her brows wrinkled in a tight knot

*Slam*

"What is the meaning of this?! Is Manoban Corporation trying to monopolized everything?!"

Esther and the two assistants flinched.

"Madam you can't force them to stop if they don't want to"

"is that old man Manoban's work?"

"No, Madam. Rumors that the eldest grandson of Chairman Manoban will take over the company soon. And after the change of management, they will undergo expansion and will enter our market this year."

"Damn!! I should've known. A lion's mouth can even swallow an elephant."

"How much do we have?." Jennie also said.

Esther fell silent.

"Speak. How long? "

There was no trace of emotion on Jennie's face but her voice contained chillness in every word.

"Answering Madam, we only have a month's time left. Two month's at most." Esther gulped. She was afraid that anytime soon, all of them inside this office would die in a very painful way.

Jennie did not speak but the coldness in the sorroundings increased.

'Urgh.. so cold.. I wanna go home.'

Jennie wanted to cry but lacked tears.

Suddenly, a laugher echoed inside the office.

That laughter did not contain any happiness but malice and death. It made them voluntary cower together.

The two assistants were trying their best not to fall from standing. Their legs were shaking so badly.

'Uh..ugh. Madam is so scary'

"Well, if they want to swallow everything, I, Jennie, am not going to surrender without a fight. Since they decided to disturb this perfect equilibrium, they better prepare for the worst. Kim International is not easy to bully!"

Suddenly, Jennie's phone rang.

"Esther, contact all the stockholders. Make an appointment for our emergency meeting three days later. "

After giving some instructions to Esther, Jennie answered the call.

"Yeye? What's wrong? Why did you call?

"You stupid child! Will yeye only call you because yeye needs something? "

"...." Jennie rolled her eyes internally.

"Ahem.. W-well, yeye has been thinking.. Ah Jen ahm, when will you give me grandchildren,eh? Can't you just stop working for the meantime and focus on findng a husband? If you dont mind, Yeye will you!"

Freddie Kim sounded so excited on the phone.

" Don't worry! If you are very busy, just leave everyrhing to Yeye!! Yeye will select fine young specimen for you! Yeye has already someone--"

"Yeye! Can you please stop it? I don't have any time right now. Im busy with our business and--"
she tried to explain but was cut off immediately.

"Jennie Kim!! I did not give the company to you so you could enslave yourself from working nonstop!! You are the only relative i have and the only treasure Jonathan Kim left. I'd rather lose the company than let you become an old spinster!"

A series of light coughs could be heard on the other side of the call.

"Yeye! Are you okay?? Jennie started to panic. Her parents died when she was young. She only had her Yeye and if something happened to him, she could no longer continue on living.

"Jennie kim. My decision is final. Weather you like it or not, you will marry this year! Or else, just forget that you still have a grandfather."

The phone call ended.

All she could hear was the disconnection tone. She sat on the sofa and did not know what to do.

Jennie silently looked at the window for a while. There, she saw a reflection.

A woman that was full of indifference.

Unlike any other woman who were wearing beautiful dresses and exquisite makeups, the woman in the reflection dressed consevatively without any touch kf loveliness a woman must have.

One look and peoole could tell that this woman must be boring as hell and not worthy of affection at all

Jennie Kim sighed.

She wanted to be normal.

Who on earth would not want to dress up and be pretty? Especially for girls, being pretty gives you confidence. Jennie did not knew when it started.

Being an orphan since young, she force herself to mature early, since she gave off a young and immature vibe, she decided to dress up like this to hide her child-like appearance.

Who would of thought that it had been years since then.

She became indifferent and emotionless not only towards those people with malicious intentions but also those that sorrounded her. It would be shocking if she suddenly 'freed' herself from the shackles.

Jennie stood up. She walked towards the window. There, she saw that woman on the reflection once again.

She reached her bun and loosened it up. Thick black hair suddenly fell behind her back. She reaches her eyeglasses and placed it on the table. There, the woman she saw on the reflection a while ago transformed into different woman infront of her.

Having a face that could evoke every man's desire and a pair of eyes that could speak a thousand words. The woman was very beautiful.

Indeed, a beautiful woman that was full of vitality and youth.

But who cares if she was beautiful?

Nobody knew that deep inside this outer shell of hers hid a girl who only wanted to be pampered and loved. A normal girl who cried while watching romance on netflix, love pink the most, drooled over handsome guys and hated cockroaches to death.

Nobody.

Nobody could tell that the demoness from hell, the witch of their company was merely a camouflage to hide everything from those so-called relatives of hers.

She already decided that she did not need anything. As long as she could protect her grandfather and his precious company.

Jennie contemplated before calling her grandfather

*click*

Her grandfather ansered the call.

"Yeye...I-... I will listen to you. I will marry the person you have chosen."

She did not give him time to think to answer and immediately ended the call

'Was my decision correct? Well, it doesn't really matter. But for once, before I marry someone i do not love, I want to experience being a normal lady with a normal life. '

Thus, finally, after who knows how many
years, Jennie kim decided to 'free' her true self and experience the glory of life.