Chapter 30 (Child, I am dying)

(JENNIE'S POV.)

*Five Years Later*

She was doing the laundry when someone knocked the door.

"Ah Wen, open the door. It must be granny."

"Okay, mommy!!"

The child who was running while playing around the room went to the door and opened it.

She was currently using bleach to erase the stains when she felt that something was wrong.
She turned around and saw the person she never thought she would ever see again.
The bottle of bleach fell on the floor but she did not even care about it. All she wanted was to run…

To run away from her.

'Ah Wen!'

She wanted to hide her child. She was afraid that he might take Ah Wen away from her.

"W-why…Why are you here?"

Her voice trembled. She tried to sound indifferent but she was not successful.

"I'm here to get you. I’m here to explain everything."

"No need. I am perfectly fine. We are fine without you!! Just go!! Do not comeback!!” She shouted. She did not need her anymore. What happened to them was just a dream. A sweet dream… So sweet that she was almost drowned by it."

"No!! Just let me explain!! Why won’t you listen to me? Ah Wen is also my child! He needs a father figure."

She went to the boy. She kneeled and pat the boy’s head. The boy was looking at her with curiosity in his eyes.

Suddenly, the boy said said,
"Are you my dad?"

She smiled and replied,

"Yes. I’m your daddy. I’m going to get you and your mom to live with me. Do you want that?"

"Yeheyy!!" The child nodded.

She hugged the child and carried him towards her. Shee touched her cheeks and said,
"What happened to us was entirely my fault. Please forgive…. I love you."

She cried.. Those were the words she always wanted to hear. Finally…

While sobbing, she smiled.
"Mmm.. I love you too.”

She kissed her. The three of them hugged each other.

*The End*

Jennie almost spat all of the food inside her mouth.

She was staring blankly at the television.

(A/N: who thought that it was Jennie and Lisa? *grins evily*)

'The heck!! That was it?! She forgave her?! How stupid!! She must be blind loving a scheming and shameless man!!'

Jennie grudgingly glared at the television.

'If saying sorry is enough then what’s the use of the law? The policemen? Those law enforcement officers would be sacked, right? Wouldn’t that mean you can do illegal things as long as you say 'sorry'?'

Jennie was currently sitting while cursing the stupid movie when the old woman entered the house.

"JiuJiu… This child! Why are you eating noodles? It’s not good for your baby. You should eat vegetables and rice."

"Aunt Ling, you’re back?"

Jennie wanted to stand up and help her carry those baskets.

"Aiyaa- no need. No need. I can do it. Just sit down. I will prepare some—"