Chapter 24 (I know who you are)

(JENNIE'S POV.)

Jennie opened the door and ushered Lisa inside.

She wanted to go upstairs to check if Lisa was at home or not, but Rosé wouldn’t let her go and clung at her like a leach.

"Whaa- your house looks good! Simple yet elegant.. Ah Jennie- can I live here with you?"

"No!"

"Ehh- Why?? I wanted to be with you-'

"Rosé… Why are you here in Seoul?"

Jennie changed the topic to avoid Rosé’s plea. Using her stoic face and indifferent attitude, she acted like a mother scolding her child.

Rosé’s smile froze.

"Daddy wanted to expand the company, so he wanted me to marry Johnson Holding’s heir, Robert Johnson. Bahh.. I don’t want to!!"

'Is arranged marriage a trend nowadays??'

Jennie could not help but inwardly ask herself.

“Sooo- " Rosé continued,

"I run away!! I don’t want to get married at someone I don’t love. Fortunately, the wait is over! The woman in my dreams finally appeared!! Jennie- I want to marry her and bear her children, lots and lots of children."

Jennie covered her face with her hands.

'What are you? A mother pig?!'

"So, that man you were groping was the woman of your dreams?"

"Nonsense!! What groping? What assault?! I was just… I was just trying to 'feel' her body a little! What’s wrong with that??"

'Everything is so f’cking wrong, I tell you!'

Jennie could only sigh.

Rosès motto since they were children was: 'No Shame, No Gain'.

Rosé always got what she wanted by hook or by crook.

She was a hopeless romantic idiot who would view love like in fairytales, but Jennie knew that Roséwas not a bad person.

'She’s shameless and unreasonable sometimes but she’s still the adorable Rosé I love.'

"Ah Jennie, it’s been years since we last met. After your parents died, you never contacted us again. Even when I migrated abroad, you never even mailed me nor call me on the phone."

Rosé was hurt because the three of them treated each other as siblings but Jennie suddenly disappeared in their life, making her and Hanbin sad.

Jennie closed her eyes to avoid tearing up.

"I’m sorry…"

That was all she could say. A million words behind a single 'sorry'. It was her fault for closing her heart and closing her door.

Making herself isolated not only to those who wanted to manipulate and use her but also those who truly cared for her.

Rosé felt Jennie’s sudden change of emotion. Thus, she wanted to talk other things and just bury the painful past.

She suddenly remembered Hanbin and their recent talk about coming back in Seoul for good.

"Ah!! Ah Jennie- did you know, Hanbin is now a renowned surgeon! He was busy last month because he wanted to work in Seoul for good."

"Really? It’s been a while since I last saw Hanbin."

Rosé giggled.
"Hanbin missed you.. Aiyaa- Ah Jenn, wasn’t Hanbin your first love?"

Jennie almost wanted to smack Rosé.

'What crush? I was just admiring his personality and looks.'

Jenniewanted to clarify her 'feelings' towards Hanbin but before she could open her mouth, she saw Lisa walking downstairs.

She walked towards them and kissed her on the cheeks as if she did not care that someone was sitting beside her.

"Love, you have returned?"

Rosé's eyes widened.

Jennie's eyes also widened.

'What the hell?! LOVE?! LOVE?! urgh.. I’m having goosebumps all over! What the heck is wrong with this shameless bastard??'

Jennje glared at Lisa.

'Why did he suddenly show herself??!'

Jennie suddenly felt her heart jumped out of her rib cage when she saw Rosé’s reaction.

Rosé was gaping like a fish out of the sea.

Her eyes bulged and her mouth opens then closes seconds later. Rosé returned to her senses after a moment of shock.

"A-Ah Jennie.. Who is she?"

Jennie wanted to run and escape from this stupid situation. She didn’t know how to respond.

'What would I say? Lisa is my… Roommate? Sex buddy? Adopted woman?'

Jennie suddenly feels like someone was squeezing her heart. She subconsciously pressed her hand on her chest.

'Again with this pain. I better go to the hospital to have an initial check-up.'

She calmed her heart and wanted to say they were friends but before she could say anything, Lisa responded,

"I’m her Girlfriend. My name is Lisa.”

Jennie noticed Rosé having a weird expression on her face.

“Ah Rosé, do you know Lisa?"

Rosé nodded her head fast then she suddenly paused, looked at Lisa then shook her head.

'Huh? Is there something wrong with her?'

Jennie wanted to ask her, but she realized that she hadn’t offered any drinks to Rosé.

"Lisa, this is Rosé, my friend. I’ll get some drinks. Entertain Rosé first."

She stood up and walked towards the kitchen.