Chapter 47 (Abstained)

(JENNIE AND LISA POV.)

"Why did you hide our child from me?"

Jennie’s eyes shook.

'What should I do? Should I tell the truth?'

Jennie pressed her lips.

She stared at Lisa with guilty eyes.

Lisa just stared back at her while waiting for her answer.

Jennie closed her eyes and opened her mouth to speak but before she could utter a word, voices could be heard coming from the outside.

It was Bobby and several doctors and nurses.

Bobby was speaking with the head doctor while walking fast towards them.

"This way. Young Madam is waiting for you."

Bobby ushered the group towards the room.

"Are you sure that Ms. Kim is already awake, Mr. Bobby?? It should be impossible! We just operated her few hours ago! How—"

Before the head doctor finish his sentence, he saw Jennie staring at them.

He gaped.

The head doctor was left speechless.

Scientifically speaking, Jennie should not be able to wake up early because she was just operated on her head few hours ago.

At most, if the surgery was successful, she should wake up twenty four to forty eight hours after the operation, but what happened right now is basically defying all scientific explanation.

He stood at the door.

He was rooted on the floor.

He just stared at Jennie who was lying on the hospital bed as the resident doctors and nurses were busy stabilizing and monitoring her body.

The head doctor was not a believer.

He thought that everything can be explained by science but today, he witnessed a miracle.

He could not help but whisper,

"This is impossible. How did it happened?"

Bobby who was standing beside him subconsciously answered,

"It's the power of love."

The doctor cringed.

He incredulously stared at Bobby.

He could not help but lament.

'Ayee.. Young people really… Hahh..'

Bobby could feel the ridiculous gaze coming from the head doctor.

He felt annoyed and embarrassed.

Annoyed because the head doctor was staring at him as if what he said was ridiculous.

Embarrassed because even he, the person who uttered those words felt blushing after he finished saying that ‘cringe-worthy’ line.

He did not know why he said those words.

He was not a doctor so he could only observe everything as a bystander but he could tell, Young Master’s love reached Young Madam.

Bobby could only sigh.

He looked at Lisa.

His Young Master already went back to her dominant demeanor.

Although Lisa's face was still pale, her queenly aura had returned.