21

Y/n stood at his door with a cocked brow, from the stairs he looked down at Kiba who wore a determined expression.

"Are you serious?" Y/n asked calmly looking down at the sword devil.

"I can cut them out if you don't cooperate." Kiba threatened as Y/n shook his head, Kiba turned up at his door demanding the symbiotes. Y/n told him no and now they're standing here, Y/n sighed. 

"Duel me, if you beat me then you get one symbiote." Y/n said closing the door. Kiba stood confused, not expecting a human to be capable taking on a devil, a knight no less. Five minutes later Y/n emerged with a katana strapped to his hip. The saya was f/c, the tuska covered by a simple red fabric, the tsuba was silver. "Alright pretty boy," Y/n said as he walked down the stairs and stood across from Kiba. "Let's dance!" Y/n took up a Nukitsuke stance, taking Kiba off guard as he dashed forward, the devil had to jump back to avoid the slash.

"I didn't know you were a swordsman." Kiba remarked as he summoned a sword to deflect and overhead strike from Y/n who didn't respond and stepped back and held his sword forward. His e/c eyes glared at Kiba.

"Fight." Y/n said simply in a low tone as he went for a low strike at Kiba. Kiba jumped up and Y/ns' blade followed after the prince and made contact with the left leg of Kibas trousers just deep enough to draw blood. Kiba looked at Y/n then bewildered, the ghost of Kuoh stood before him with the hardened eyes of a warrior, holding a blade in such a way one would be mistaken he was an old master of the sword. The prince took in a sharp breath before rushing at Y/n with his blade held high intending to force Y/n on the defensive, however Y/n rushed forward, blade preparing to strike Kibas now exposed side. Kiba dashed right to avoid the sword swing but a left hook from Y/n sent the Knight backwards.

Kiba held his hand to his nose only for it to be covered in blood. 'How!?' The knight exclaimed internally. 'How can a simple human be so fast?' It was then Kiba looked to the window, and a thought crossed his mind, He pointed the tip of his sword towards Y/n in an accusatory manner. "You're using one of the symbiotes aren't you? That's how you're so fas-" Kiba was cut off by a blade clashing with his own, he looked into Y/ns eyes and saw a burning fury within him.

"Wrong. You dare call my honor into question? You who art a supernatural being enhanced by magic and witchcraft. You are the one who is relying on a crutch in this battle devil." Y/n spoke with a fury Kiba did not think he was capable of.

'Why is he speaking like this?' Kiba questioned, as a matter of fact, nothing Y/n had done in this  battle lined up with the usual way Y/n would act. Yes the disciplined air he gave off still remained but there was something else to it now, like a hidden beast has been unleased. Y/n struck out with a right hook striking Kiba in the nose causing the prince to stagger.

"This is the skill of a true warrior, one trained since birth, one who had to suffer to succeed." Y/n spat, this line angered Kiba.

"Suffered? You think you've suffered? I have lost all of my friends, I only became a devil to get revenge on the ones who made me this way!" Kiba snapped while taking on the offensive, quick but precise strikes with the tip of his blade, poking and prodding at Y/ns form, but he was quick to react immediately back peddling to avoid the attacks.

"Oh please, you say that as if that makes you special." Y/n sent a kick into Kibas left leg, he was back on the offensive. "Every warrior faces loss, Friends and family, it makes no difference on the battleground." Y/n broke the blade lock be forcing Kibas sword to the side while striking the princes head with the butt of the Tsuka, knocking Kiba to onto his back causing him to lose grip on his blade. Y/n walked over to the blade and brought his heel down onto the blade snapping it in two before kicking the shattered blade back to the devil. "Do not bind yourself to your past, your enemies are in the future." The human said as he started to walk back into his home while sheathing his blade, before a rage filled scream filled the air. Y/n turned to see Kiba running at him with a new sword, quicker than he could react. As the blade was about to make contact with Y/n's chest, a small crimson ball struck it causing it to disintegrate. Kiba fell onto Y/n who grabbed him by the throat and raised him to his feet.