17

"Well, are you just going to stand there?" The woman asked limping slightly as she approached the log Mittel and I sat on moments ago.

"Sorry it's just that, Deer Yokai are incredibly rare in this area so it's just a shock  to see one of you guys." Mittel said while Y/N stared at the Deer's leg not saying a word. 

"Yes, My kind are rare in heavily Devil populated area's due to them hunting us for out pelt, and our meat is sold to devils with more...barbaric tastes." The Yokai explained wincing in pain as she sat on the log. 

"Where is your injury?" Y/n asked producing a medical bag and approached the Girl.

"Oh it will heal on it's own no need to worry!" The Girl said tilting her head, while she may wear a mask Y/n could see she was in pain due to her body language.

"Nice try, stop lying and let me help." Y/n said with a stern look.  The girl was shaken when she looked up to see Y/n towering over her before sighing. 

"Left thigh..." She said pulling up her skirt just enough to reveal the wound, she was careful not to reveal anything else thankfully. Y/n then got to work, sterilizing the wound with Vodka that he had in a flask. Thankfully there was no bullet to extract, Y/n begun to stitch the wound before bandaging it. (Note: Author Fixes toilets not people. Information may be wrong.)

"There, should be fine now." Y/n said stepping back and packing away his equipment . 

"Where did you learn that?" Mittel asked eyeing Y/n with curiosity. 

"Old training tapes." Y/N answered plainly and he slung the strap of the medical bag over his shoulder. The girl begun to stand but wobbled and fell only for Y/N to catch her. "Hmm, You're weak, you should find a safe place to hide until you fully recover." Y/n told the Deer Girl who scoffed.

"Yeah a 'safe' place for Yokai in the forest  next to one of the biggest hubs for devils since the second circle? Fat chance." The deer said with an eye roll while Y/n nodded.

"Yes, but why live here if you knew the devils lurk around every corner. You know your pelt and flesh is valuable and yet you remain here, why?" Y/N asked looking at the Yokai.

"Well that's because...uh...You wouldn't get it." The deer said with a somber tone, one Y/n recognised all to well.

"You've lost someone recently, Family?" Y/n asked getting wide eye stares from the Fallen loli and the deer, but the latter's expression quickly changed to a glare.

"How did you know that?" The deer growled and Y/n smiled sadly.

"Well, looking at you is like staring into a mirror, same miserable expression, unkept hair, bags under eyes. But what tipped me off, your eyes lack light, just like mine." Y/n looked into the deer's eyes and even through the mask he could see that there was no sign of a spark, no drive no motivation, just an empty husk staring into the eyes of a fellow husk. "We've both had our parents taken from us, you by what I can only assume as Devils, and mine to religious extremists." Y/n said with a sigh.

"I...I see, I guess we're both lost with out a guide." She said looking down causing Y/n to sigh.

"In more ways than you know...Come on." Y/n said as he begun to walk away.

"But Y/n we can't just leave her!" Mittel said as the Deer lowered her head.

"She was included in that 'Come On', She can't stay here she'd be easy pickings to a devil. So she's coming with us till she recovers, then she's free to go where she pleases." Y/n said looking back at the deer girl.