Prologue

Nighttime.  The darkness covered every inch of land she ran across.  The full moon now invisible in the depths of the foggy night sky, unnoticeable to the human eye. The stars, equivalent to a needle in a haystack, hidden in the infinite space above.  The clouds made it so the stars did not shine, did not show their bright light down to the creatures on planet Earth.

    "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" She shouldn't have run, shouldn't have left the safety surrounding her friends.  Now sprinting for her life from the prowling beast in the dead of night, Cass never regretted any action more.

    "OWOOOOO" And with that last howl, the shadowed beast pounced out from the darkness.  Cass fell to the ground from the impact. The teenager trained in multiple martial arts rolled out of the way moments before claws would have slashed the skin off her pristine face.  Cass had very swift movements and dodged many of the rapid attacks, however despite her constant training, the defensive methods she had previously been taught would not save her from this wretched situation.

    The wolfish creature let out a low growl that sounded eerily similar to one from a grown bear. The beast froze and Cass couldn't decide if she felt greatly relieved that she hadn't been shred to pieces or severely terrified for her life if the beast decided to strike once again.  All she knew is that she wouldn't go down without a fight even if the circumstances made it seem highly unlikely for Cass to come out of the night alive. 

    The beast slowly stalked out of the shadows, close enough to Cass where she could smell the monster's horrid breath.  The full moon peeked through the clouded night sky, letting just enough light for Cass to get an eye of her attacker's appearance.  If Cass looked hard enough past the monstrous exterior, her eyes found human characteristics.  The beast must have been twice her height, covered in muscles and fur, the ugly bod immediately recognizable to Cass in the little light of the moon.  Werewolf. 

    "Shit."