31. characters of mischief

song of the chapter:
Hey Remus
by: The Whomping Willows
•••

"RONALD! Oh my, for the love of Merlin- will you just eat your vegetables!" Cass snickered at the sight of the flaming-red-headed mother.

"But mummmmm, it tastes like bloody dirt." The ten-year-old boy whined.

"That kind language will not be tolerated in this household."  Mrs. Weasley looked about ready to pull out the last strand of her hair.

"But Charlie talks like that all the time." Ron huffed and pushed the plate with only peas and broccoli left on it.

"I am so done with these children," Mrs. Weasley muttered under her breath.  Cass stood up from her seat at the kitchen counter and walked over to Ron at the table.

"Go take a break, Molly. I can watch him and Ginny."  The mom immediately looked relieved and grateful for Cass.

"You really don't have to."

"I love the children, please. Go rest." Molly needed no more convincing and took off.

"Do I have to eat my veggies?" Ron looked at the fourteen-year-old, thinking that he was able to get off the hook.

"Let me see this for a sec." Cass grabbed the plate filled only with greens and started rearranging the layout of the vegetable on the eating surface. 

"What are you doing?"

"Here." Cass slid the plate back to Ron and the boy gawked at her simple plate artwork.  Cass had rearranged the vegetables in a shape of rounded glasses and a lighting bolt shape in the corner.

"Blimey! It's Harry Potter!" Ron marveled at the work.  He truly was a fan of the kid title 'The Boy Who Lived', "You've even got the scar!" Ron picked at the veggies in the scar first, slowly diminishing Harry. 

Ronald Weasley now was rapidly gobbling down the greens much to Cass's and Ginevra's amusement.

"You're something else, Cass." Ginny remarked, finding what she brought out in her brother quite absurd.

"So, I've been told," While Cass was praising herself for getting Ronald to eat, an owl swooped in, much more gracefully than the Weasley's family bird. 

"Hey," Cass stroked the white feathers of the animal as she plucked the letter which was addressed to her from it's talons. The owl quickly flew back out the window to where it came from after it was given a treat. 

Cass,

Hey, I'm real sorry, but I can't make it to France.  I asked my parents about going and they seemed fine with it, but once I mentioned that the Weasleys would also be there they said I couldn't go. 

My parents aren't prejudiced for the most part, but they just really don't like the Weasley family, which I'm guessing is because they are the largest family of so-called "blood traitors".  I really do wish I could be with you though! Have a great holiday!

Best wishes,
Kari <3

Cass finished reading through the letter and a lump formed in her stomach.  First, Iris wasn't able to come because her and her family decided to go snowboarding and skiing and now Karolin couldn't spend time with her either all because of stupid wizard prejudices.