29. snow

song of the chapter:
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
by: Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, and Phil Spector
•••

"Rise and shine!" Iris was in a baby pink cropped tank top with a pair of matching pajama shorts. 

The red-headed teenager tugged down the blankets off of Kari and Cass and proceeded to throw the covers into a heap on the ground.

Kari groaned and dug her face into her pillow.  Cathleen curled herself up like a croissant in an attempt to keep her body heat from escaping into the cold air.

"My dogs are freezing, gimme back the blankie," Cass whined with her eyes closed.

"No, you two are getting up and out of here.  Look outside!" Iris exclaimed excitedly and pointed to the wide open window.  Flurries of snowflakes were falling from the sky.  The black lake was frozen with snow layered on top of it.  The entirety of the grass was covered in white powder and the bare trees also had snow fallen on the branches.  It looked like a winter wonderland.

"Turn off the sun," Kari grumbled into her pillow.  Cass rolled out of her bed with her hand covering her face, her eyes not adjusted to the morning sunlight. With a large thump, Cathleen fell to the floor, yet she just kept rolling like a log until she knocked into the dresser where all her clothing was located.

Cass pulled herself up by the drawers of the dresser and once she was standing up she pulled open the drawer to find an outfit that matched her desire. She picked out a red sweater with a pair of slim dark blue jeans.  Iris too got dressed, she wore a tight-fitting black long-sleeve shirt with a looser-fitting Freddie Mercury Queen band t-shirt and a pair of light blue flared jeans. 

After the two girls were fully dressed Kari just started getting ready for the day and put on a navy and white plaid skirt with leggings underneath and a navy blouse to match. 

Each of them picked up their winter coats and headed out of the dorm room and into the common room, where they found Percy sitting and reading a book, the twins cracking up over something in the corner away from their older brother,  and Oliver Wood reading the Daily Prophet.

"Hey boys?" Cass called out to the four males and each of them raised their heads to look over at Cass who was all bundled up and ready to go out in the snow, "Come out with us, will you?" The girls didn't even give the guys a chance to answer and each dragged one of them out of the Gryffindor tower.  Cass took Precy, Iris took the twins, and Kari dragged Wood.

"I can't believe you are making us do this.  It's pure immaturity." Percy huffed but walked outside without assistance from Cass. 

"Come on, it'll be fun."  The group made it outside and Percy was still pouting, it seemed that playing in the snow went against all his morals. He did not notice Cass bending down to the ground, rolling the powdered snow between her mittens into a nice sturdy ball. 

"No, can we please just go back insi- ARGH!"

Percy's complaining was cut short as Cass chucked a snowball right above his nose and started laughing so hard she felt like she was going to piss herself.  The look on his face was priceless, "Whatcha gonna do now Perfect Percy?" Cass taunted and Percy decided to forgo his previous resentment and chucked a snowball of his own at Cass. The two started running around on the fields throwing snowballs left and right, rarely hitting each other.  The rest of the group joined in and alliances were quickly made.  The marauders versus the non-marauders. Karolin wanted to be on Oliver's team and the twins did not want to go with their older brother.  Percy, Karolin, and Oliver against Fred, George, Iris, and Cass. It worked out quite well for their liking.