21. contrasting weaselbees

song of the chapter:
Hit The Lights
by: Selena Gomez & The Scene
•••

    "Miss. Olive. This attitude is not respected in my classroom." Surprisingly the teacher still hadn't started screaming Cass's ear off, but this was almost worse.

    "Then fuck your stupid class! I ain't taking any more of your bullshit." Cass picked up her things and stormed out of the defense class leaving most of the student's faces pale and frozen, surprised to see the new girl act this way. Cass would have blamed it on the full moon, but that was a few days ago so the symptoms upcoming and after the moon would have already passed. Cass was just that infuriated by the new snarky too-nice-to-be-nice teacher that she lost all of her self-control.

    "Oi! Cass!" Cass stomped around and had a glare plastered on her face for the receiver, though once she saw the head of flaming red hair, Cass's posture loosened and her face shifted to a slight grin.

    "Hey, Fred. Don't you have class now?" Cathleen slung her canvas bag which held her school supplies and some chocolates over her shoulder as the boy approached her.

    "I could ask you the same thing. And no, I don't. This is my free period and Georgie decided to hang with Lee in the common room, so you might as well find someone else to hang with for the time being." Fred shrugged and he and Cass started walking through the long halls of Hogwarts, not yet knowing their final destination, but just taking whatever road their legs decided to journey upon.

    "Well, I'm flattered that you chose me," Cass said in a joking manner making her and the twin laugh.

    "Well, I actually was looking for the prick Percy, but I guess you are a nice second choice." Cass playfully smacked Fred's arm. She had enough classes with the older Weasley brother and knowing other data on him from reading the Potter book, she knew for a fact that he was a total wanker and that Fred would probably rather the day with Draco Malfoy than his elder brother.

    "Yeah sure, and I was looking to gossip with Moaning Myrtle." Cathleen thought over her false statement not knowing if Fred knew of Moaning Myrtle for he still didn't have the map opened so he and George wouldn't have been able to see another ghost on the map, as well as the fact that Myrtle hung out in the girl's lavatories. The only reason Harry and Ron knew who the dead student was that they (mainly Hermione) created a polyjuice potion (not yet, but Cass knew the future) and she couldn't find any general reason why Fred would have met Myrtle.

    "Myrtle as in that crying ghost Johnson is always complaining about?" Cass let the surprise show on her face, but thankful that she didn't have to meet Myrtle anytime soon to show Fred who the ghost was.

    "Precisely!" The two walked in silence for a bit. It was not awkward whatsoever, it was peaceful and they enjoyed each other's company.

    "You never told me why you weren't in class." Cass paused in her tracks. She really hoped that Fred would have forgotten that she should have been in class right now, but what was the harm in telling him if the Slytherins would all undoubtedly share her outburst with everyone over dinner?

    "I got a bit pissed at everyone in the room because they didn't believe me when I said that the new defense against the dark arts teacher is an ass and is hiding something sinister." Cass let the words flow from her mouth like it was no big deal, but it was to her. In her entire career as a student, Cathleen had never been given detention, not even a notice. She was a great student but now at Hogwarts in the Wizarding world, she was letting her steam run loose. Cathleen didn't want to get overly pissed at her new teacher, causing a terrible first impression, but that was how it turned out and Cass couldn't change the past. Well she could, but she didn't have her hands on any time turners and didn't fancy stealing McGonagall's.

    "Damn. What did she say?"

    "In her overly sweet voice that tears my ears from my skull? Nothing much, but I have a detention at five fifteen."

    "Five fifteen? That's such an odd time. Why not five thirty or five, even six or something."

    "I don't know, asked her a similar question. She says it's all a thing."

    "Ah, well, do you know what she is having you do yet?" Cass shook her head no. "Georgie and I have gotten ourselves into a bit of trouble. Filch is the worst, his punishment are tortuous, so are Snape's, but its so worth it when you see reactions from your prank." Cathleen smiled at the jokester, loving how he was so optimistic about the dull duty of serving detention.

    "I bet. I used to play pranks on my friends all the time. They were muggles so I had to be a bit more careful around them, but right before I left for Hogwarts I levitated all their shoes up into the highest branch of a tree."

    "Did they ever end up getting their shoes down?" Fred asked, his face shining with amusement.

    "Probably, but to this day I don't know." Cass and Fred made it to the courtyard where Cass had spent her morning with Iris and Kari. Fred was seated upon the same rock Iris sat in earlier that day and Cass took her liberty to sit next to him on the slightly smaller rock.

     The duo heard footsteps approaching them and Cathleen immediately ripped off a leaf that was larger than her head from a bush that was growing behind them. She put the leaf over her face, not wanting a prefect to see her and report her to McGonagall. It was already bad enough that she had to spend a detention with the horrid defense teacher; she didn't fancy her favorite professor knowing that she was misbehaving.

    "Hey Freddy." The footsteps stopped and Cathleen gasped in relief as she recognized the voice. "Is that you, Cathy?" The leaf was plucked away from her face and in front of her Charlie Weasley crowded her view.

    "Cass." Cathleen half-assed corrected him on her name. Her mom and best friend in the other world called her that, it was nice to hear it again, but it felt odd coming from Charlie's mouth.

    "Right. Are you two coming to tryouts today?"

    "Tryouts?" Cathleen asked in confusion, not knowing if she missed something or not.

    "Quidditch tryouts." Charlie stated, "You wanted to be a Chaser, right?"

    "Yeah that's right, what time are they?"

    "It'll start round five and will go for about an hour." A grimace crossed Cass and Fred faces, which the Seeker noticed. "What? Is something the problem?"

    "Can I try out first? I have a detention at five fifteen which I really would rather not attend."

    "Wow. Already Olive? I didn't think you had it in you," Cass glared at Charlie.

"Yeah, we can fit you in in time."

    "Alright, thanks a bunch Charles."

    "No problem. I need a new Chaser anyways and from what I have seen, you are pretty skilled when it comes to it."

•••
word count: 1238