25. smell the broth

song of the chapter:
Good Time
by: Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
•••

The group of four got out of their respective dorms earlier that morning, anticipating the reactions to their prank which they worked on the night before. 

"Hey, Cass," Fred said as he and George popped up behind the girls at the Gryffindor table.

"Evergreen," George tipped his invisible hat as he and Fred sat down on either side of the girls.

Unsuspecting Hufflepuffs started filling their respective tables and soon the potions Professor entered the Great Hall with a very displeased look on his face.  Snape dramatically swept across the Great Hall with his cape flowing behind him while he was staring daggers at the four Gryffindors holding smug expressions as their teacher approached them. 

"Well, Snivellus doesn't look terribly happy right now." Cass muttered under her breath with amusement. 

"WEASLEYS! OLIVE! EVERGREEN!" The Gryffindors quadrupled high-fived under the table. 

8 hours earlier

"That's brilliant, Cass!"  Fred practically tumbled off the common room couch.

"I know right, I'm practically our Moony."

"Why Moony? Why not Wormtail?"  Iris asked Cass curiously.

"Moony was obviously the smartest of the group.  He was totally the one who read through all the rule books just to find loopholes." Cass laid her head back on Iris's lap and put her feet on the armrest of the couch. 

"We should make nicknames for ourselves as well." George commented as he placed the map onto the coffee table and unfolded it most of the way. 

"Okay, I'll be Moony Junior."  Cass raised her arms up, almost knocking her hand into Iris's nose. 

"Come on! You can be more creative than that." Fred complained and Cass rolled her eyes.

"What's wrong with Moony? I love astronomy." Cass hated astronomy, but she was a werewolf and the name seemed to fit like putting in the last piece of a puzzle.

"You do?" Iris looked down at Cass in confusion because she seemed to recall the black-haired girl complaining about astronomy earlier that week.  Iris's question was overlooked by the twins, they wanted to figure out other nicknames. 

"Whatever, we'll come back to that later," Fred waved Cass and Iris off.  "My name should match my deviously handsome looks." 

"Alright then, you will forever be known as Fred "Troll" Weasley." Cass waved her arms around her head, accentuating her words. Perhaps she should be called Padfoot if her dramatics were anything to base off of. 

Fred huffed and crossed his arms at the nickname Cass gave him, so she gave in and called him something else. "Fine.  Fred, you can be Padfoot, George, you can be Prongs, and Iris, you can be little Red." George seemed content with the names, Fred looked like he wanted to protest, but decided that he found Padfoot to be better than Troll. 

"Why am I little Red?  You're the only one without red hair in this group." Iris went to touch Cass's hair, but the black-haired girl shooed her hand away and sat up properly on the sofa.