30. the order

song of the chapter:
Stay
by: Zedd, Alessia Cara
•••

"There are two hours until the Hogwarts Express will leave the station.  All of you who are planning to go home for the Holidays are expected to make their way to Hogsmeade.  Look to your House Prefects, they will help the younger students find their way, Professor Flitwick and our Groundkeeper Hagrid will be at the station to assist you students."  McGonagall stepped back to her seat as the young witches and wizards continued their meal. 

"You're staying with Tonks over the break, yeah?"  Iris asked.

"Yup.  We should totally meet up over the break." Cass said excitedly, "You too Kari, the Weasley's will probably end up staying with us.  Andy wants to stay at one of the Black manors in France so ya'll can tag along as well."

"I'll ask my mum! I could probably meet up with you after Christmas."

"Yeah, I'll ask too."

"Great,  your mum and grandma could probably come too," Iris's family met up with Andy and Ted every once in a while over the summer while the girls were hanging out.  The Tonks family got the friend discount at the café, "I think some of Ted and Andy's friends are coming as well."

"Oh! Yeah, I'll ask them."  Iris looked really excited, as did the other two girls.

"Mum mentioned in a letter that we are going to spend the summer in France, but she said it was for Dad and Bill's work.  She said your mum lent one of the Black houses for them to stay in."  Fred said from the other side of the table because he got a similar story, only a bit different.

"Oh?" Cass decided that she would figure it out when Ted and Andy picked them up from the station.

"Yeah, mum owled me as well, said it would be good of me to join whatever they're doing."  Charlie butted in as he and Tonks came up to the group at the Gryffindor table.

"I just heard that we are spending Christmas in France.  I'm going to fill myself with chocolatte croissants."  Tonks sat next to Cass at the table.

"I'm going to get macarons, every flavor!" Karolin said, deciding that she was going to France with the rest of the crew. 

"You still need to ask your folks."  Cass said, not wanting to get in trouble for taking Karolin to another country without parent permission. 

"Yeah, alright, America.  She knows."  Tonks said, much more laid back than Cass.

"Is everyone packed?" Charlie asked the group and everyone gave him a nod of yes.

There was no large feast for breakfast, so the meal ended rather quickly. Tonks ended up leaving to see her Hufflepuff friends, knowing that it wouldn't take her as long to gather her luggage, but the Gryffindors all headed up to their tower to grab their trunks.

"Excuse me, Miss Olive."  Cass was startled as she felt a heavy hand land on her shoulder, so much so that she grabbed the arm and punched her fist into the person's nose. 

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, sir!" Cass quickly pulled her hand away as she looked up at the Headmaster's face, her cheeks burning.

"No worries," Dumbledore swiftly fixed his nose with a quick episkey and tergeo to fix his nose and remove the blood, "Suppose I were to see you in my office."