5. reunited with the past

song of the chapter:
End of the Day
by: One Direction
•••

Emma Olive sacrificed everything to keep her daughter safe. Unfortunately, the one thing that she couldn't have given was forced away: her life. With Emma gone from Earth, everything she had once sacrificed to give her daughter a normal childhood without fear roaming above their heads was all for nothing. Without Emma's life, Cass now had to face the wrath of evil unearthly beings. Furthermore, she had to do it in a world where she knew no one.

It was ten at night when Emma realized that her place had been leaked. The thirty-year-old mother immediately sent letters to both her daughter and another girl that she viewed as her own.

It was that stupid Hufflepuff boy that followed her around in her seventh year like a lost puppy. Alec Charleston, who everyone was convinced had fallen to the dark side and was assigned to get rid of the Olive family.

Alec had been determined to fulfill his duty even after the dark lord had suddenly vanished, and he did so. After thirteen years of thoughtful planning and excellent execution, Charleston completed his job and sent Emma Olive up with the Potter couple.

Once he had found the location, it wasn't much more difficult. Emma had passed her wand down to her daughter and without her defenses, Alec took over her easily. She managed to dodge many of his first attacks but ended up being struck by the green curse straight on her elbow.

With the mission being complete, Alec Snr. decided to spend the rest of his life in a quiet cottage with his son. His descendant had texted him the information of the Olive's whereabouts earlier in the night, apparently, he had come across some source and felt obligated to share it with his father despite Cass's warning against telling other people.

Now, Cass lay right outside a large forest, staring up at the rising sun, wondering why she wasn't wearing purple shorts if she just transformed into a Hulk.

She looked down at her body and saw bloody claw marks underneath her tattered clothing. Cass peeled the fabric off her skin, it was attached like glue because of the blood that had dried before she woke.

Cass ignored the pain and turned over to her side, lifting her hair behind her neck. The teenager let her noodles from last night's dinner flow out of her like heavy rain pouring from the sky. She felt tears spring in her eyes while she spat out as many remnants from the technicolor yawn as she could. Cass couldn't fathom why she had woken up like this and it scared her. The last thing she remembered was hanging up shoes in a tree to annoy her teammates.

Now she was lying in the middle of nowhere with scraps of clothing covering her body and no recollection of how she came to this state. The best she could do was hike until she found some sign of civilization and that's what she did. Cathleen picked herself up from the blood-soaked grasses and re-tied the converse that somehow hadn't been torn to shreds.

The sun was still rising over the horizon, hues of oranges and reds shone beautifully through the morning sky. It made the trip through muddy fields and chilly forests more peaceful and pleasant for Cass.

As the black-haired girl was walking across a long field, she saw something in the distance. It was surrounded by trees, but it was more than just nature. Cass sprinted towards the silhouette despite the constant pain throughout her entire body.