22. nice play

song of the chapter:
Finally Falling
by: Victorious Cast, Victoria Justice
•••

Cass was in the Great Hall eating an early supper.  The house elves were kind enough to prepare a small meal for Cathleen to eat as she sat alone on the edge of the Gryffindor table slurping up matzo ball soup with chicken and cooked carrots. 

Cathleen heard footsteps coming down the hall and she turned to face the approaching person, expecting some student that might have wanted to eat with her.  Instead, Cass almost choked on her soup as she saw who was approaching her.  All that was going through Cass's head was OH SHIT.

"Heyyyyy Minnie,"  Cass tried to act innocent, because upon seeing the unhappy expression she faced, Cass knew that she was in trouble. 

"Miss Olive." The look of disappointment made Cass feel like she wanted to shrink back and blend into the wood of the Gryffindor table, but no, Cathleen couldn't give up her pride that easily. "Do you want to tell me how you already have a detention in your first week of school?"

"Not really, no."  Cass crossed her legs over the table so she now fully faced the disappointed professor.

"Professor Chehowachuck told me that you spoke rudely and used vulgar language to describe her and her class." 

"Yeah..."

McGonagall held her pointed look at the new student, "Why?"

"She reminded me of someone." Cass said gruffly, not snarkily, but just distastefully.

"And why did that give you the reason to be so cruel to your professor?"

"Because the person she reminded me of used blood quills on students,"  Cass hoped that once she figured out that Dolores Umbridge was the person she was referring to, Minerva wouldn't remember that Cass had already she would be at Hogwarts.

"Was this person a teacher?" McGonagall asked, albeit shocked, but she kept composure.

"Yeah."  Mcgonagall was appalled that a teacher would use blood quills on children and already hated this person that Cass was referring to with a burning passion. "Not mine though, someone I knew." 

"Well, I can assure you, Cathleen,  Professor Chehowachuck is not like that.  I spent some of my summer with her and she seems like a genuinely nice person. I would appreciate it if you apologized to her."

"We'll see tonight if she makes me write lines so that I'll have I must respect my superiors on my skin," Cass finished her last spoonful of soup, "Well, I must be on my way to Quidditch tryouts.  See you soon, Minnie." 

McGonagall let a small grin take over her frown as she charmed Cathleen's dishes to the kitchens and watched the fourth-year student run down to the Quidditch pitch, "I knew she would come back." McGonagall sighed and walked out of the Great Hall, awaiting a new Chaser to join her team.

↠ ↠ ↠

The grass on the Quidditch field was a bit soggy, but not anything where it would soak through your shoes, and your feet would be squishing against the soles. 

"Cathleen Olive will be the first to try out,"  Charlie (the Gryffindor team captain) called out to the group of Gryffindors that were looking to gain the free Chaser role.  There was quite an abundance of second-year girls that were at tryouts, which did not surprise Cass for she knew that three of those second years would end up on the Quidditch team during Harry's years at Hogwarts.