26. halloween

song of the chapter:
The Addams Family
by: Andrew Gold
•••

"Miss Evergreen, I'm counting on your maturity to make sure that Misters Weasley and Miss Olive don't cause too much trouble."  Mcgonagall sighed, it seemed that she never got a break from her students. 

"You can count on me,  Professor. I promise nothing bad will happen today." Iris smiled at Minerva and quickly slid out the door, waving goodbye, though her promise  did not seem very convincing to the  transfiguration professor.

Iris exited the transfiguration classroom, on her way to find her pranking counterparts.  The redhead parted her hair down the middle and then separated it into two chunks.  As she walked, Iris twisted one half of her hair and tied it to the side with a black ribbon.  The other half she took and started dutch braiding it.  Her hair reached just below her shoulders and bounced as she walked down the stone floors of Hogwarts.  She was approaching the Gryffindor entrance while tying back her second braid. 

"Password?" The Fat Lady seemed thoroughly annoyed by the presence of Iris which made sense because Iris, Fred, George, and Cass seemed to sneak out at night quite frequently.

"Fortis."  The lady grunted but swung her portrait open nonetheless, letting Iris walk through and into the Gryffindor common room.

"Where have you been, Red?  Where is your costume?!" Cass took Iris's hand and dragged the redhead up to their dorm room.  Cass had straightened her hair and her black locks now reached down to her lower back and put on bright red lipstick and big black eyeliner.  She wore a long elegant black dress  with a deep-cut neckline. The gown hugged her curves in all the right places and flowed off her wrists like water. 

"You look nice."  Iris tried to engage in conversation with her roommate, however Cass kept pushing the redhead to their bathroom. 

"You need to get ready because we need to get to the feast." Cass shoved Iris into a chair and took her wand above Iris's head and transfigured the braided red hair to a black color that matched the shade of her own. 

"Wow, you look like an entirely different person. I hope the twins are doing this as well or else this Hallo-win will be a Hallo-fail," Cass told her as they exited the bathroom. She was acting really stressed, which could have been  from the prank that they had already set to ensue during the feast, or it could be the fact that tonight was the second full moon in the same month and she still had managed to keep it a secret from all of her friends except for Tonks. 

"Alright, relax. Why don't you take a break and I'll finish getting ready."  Cass looked like she wanted to fight, but overall didn't have the energy to disagree so she just plopped into her bed and relaxed into the warmth the covers brought to her.

"Karolin?"

"Yeah?" Karolin looked up from her bed where she was attempting to transfigure a mouse and turned to her non- werewolf roommate.

"Have you seen my black dress anywhere?"

"Since when have you worn-Galloping gargoyles! What have you done to your hair?"

"Have you seen it or not? It has a white collar."

"It's on the chair over there. Bloody hell, you look weird."