28. quidditch

song of the chapter:
Heart Of Stone
by: SIX Cast
•••

The nerves were piling up in Cass's stomach like a bundle of butterflies fluttering their wings and leaving senses of unease in the pit of her stomach. This wasn't Cathleen's first Quidditch match yet she still couldn't seem to let the nervous anticipation leave her.

"Cass, you have to eat something." Karolin placed a slice of apple on Cass's empty plate.

Cass slowly nibbled on the apple, thinking about all the terrible scenarios that could happen at the match.

Cass let her mind wander back to the many taekwondo tournaments she participated in with her teammates.  The sense of reminisce felt nice, remembering all her friends she left behind.  The world around Cass blurred out and images of her team fluttered through her vision.  Her team became her second family, they each built up each other.  She remembered the nerves breaking her and her friends down before they would be called up to compete and all the times she turned to singing in order to build up her confidence again.

"You can build me up, you can tear me down," Cass started singing Heart Of Stone beneath her breath.

"Look at my hands, they are shaking." Nora held up her slightly shaking hand.  The quartet was standing up, readying themselves for the forms competition.  They hadn't gone to a tournament in a few months and it was the first one of the season, it felt like their first time competing all over again.

"You all are going to fail, so you might as well fail with style,"  Camden sensed the group's unease and instantly lightened the mood of the three other teammates who immediately started laughing. 

"You can try, but I'm unbreakable"

"You know you love me, I know you care, just shout whenever and I'll be there, you are my love-" Cass started singing Baby by Justin Bieber in the line of their competition groups to get rid of her nervousness.

"Nope, no, no, nope." Nora cut off Cass's singing.

"well, good for you, you look happy and healthy, not me-"

"Are you trying to sing the most annoying songs?"

"Precisely."  Cass took a moment to think of another song to start singing. " You can drink my liquor, you can call my lady, you can take my money, you can smoke my blunt, scuff these Jordans, you can say you hate me, you can call me crazy, but don't touch my truck! Skrrt, skrrt-"

"You can do your best, but I'll stand the test, you'll find that I'm unshakable."

"Everyone did amazing at yesterday's tournament!" Master Lee stood up at the front of the class and gained everyone's attention. "Camden destroyed his opponents in sparring. Ian and Nora placed first in their forms competition, Cass got second as well as Alec.  Carter and Drew got first and second in their board breaking."

Cass raised her hand. "Yes, Cass?"

"Can Camden demonstrate his sparring match on Nate?"

"I'm up for that." Camden shrugged, resisting a big grin that everyone could see appearing on his face.

"No, no, I don't think so." Nate stammered, really not wanting to be beaten to a pulp.