32. the future

song of the chapter:
'39
by: Queen
•••

The floor of the manor creaked beneath Alastor Moody's feet, real and wooden, as he thumped across the wooden floor, so steady in its rhythm that it could be mistaken for a metronome.  The scarred man caught eye of Cathleen across the room and roughly pushed his way through a small clutter of Order members ( who showed up to the Black house for the meeting) to get to her, his face contorted with anger and suspicion, the formerly steady thumping of his leg quickening erratically.

"Who is she!?" Moody pointed his wand at Cass's throat, breathing heavily and she used her pointer finger to slowly push the wand away from her. Alastor turned his face to look at the Order members for an answer, but Cass was assured that his electric blue eye's gaze pinned her like an insect under a microscope.

"That is Cathleen Olive," Snape answered in his snarky monotone voice.  "She is at most a nuisance to the classroom."

Tonks snickered, looking at Cass with amusement in her eyes.

"What is she doing here!" Moody ordered the people around him to answer. 

"Calm down, I'm not a Death Eater," In a flash Moody's face whipped back to face directly at Cass in her eyes, "Oh wow," the girl continued, "No need to transfigure me into a ferret, yeah?" Moody glared at Cass, daring her to speak, "My name's Cathleen Olive. I'm only here because Dumbledore asked me to be a part of your club."

"It's true.  Miss. Olive is a valuable asset of ours.  You may put the wand down,  Alastor." Dumbledore appeared in the cozy room, most likely with the use of apparition.

Cass widened her eyes and nodded her head in acknowledgement at the headmaster, hinting pretty directly at Moody to take his wand away from his throat.  Mad Eye placed his wand back in its holster, albeit reluctantly. 

"Where's Lupin?" Alastor growled.  The only people currently in the room were the order members left from the seventies (minus Remus), Charlie, Bill, Nymphadora, and Cathleen.  Mrs Weasley was with all the other children, keeping them occupied and away from the Order of the Phoenix meeting. 

"In the loo," Charlie fixed.  "He'll be back in a second."

"In the meantime, let us get settled in the meeting room, shall we?" Dumbledore practically ordered in his whimsical voice and walked into a room which he claimed to be used for Order meetings.  

Cass took a seat between Dora and Minerva, across from her was a seat left empty where Remus was assumed to sit. 

Chatter filled the large room as the Order awaited the last member to join the meeting. Soon, the doors squeaked open and in walked the scarred man looking slightly sheepish.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence, Lupin." Snape sarcastically bit out, not a fan of the old werewolf. 

"Sorry." Remus slinked into the seat across from Cathleen and Dumbledore immediately commenced the meeting now that everyone was quiet. 

"As most of you can see, we have some more new members." Dumbledore had hosted a couple previous meetings with the reconstituted Order and already introduced many new members to the others. 

The three young members stood up from their seats so that the Order could pick them out from the rest of the group. 

"Hey, I'm Tonks," Nymphadora waved to the crowd. "I'm in my last year at Hogwarts and plan to become an Auror." Some of the Order excitedly greeted the metamorphmagus and a vast majority just muttered greetings of welcome that could never be transcribed.