24. the marauders map

song of the chapter:
All Stars
by: Martin Solveig, ALMA
•••

"Cathleen, you need to start respecting the teachers."  Cass exited the DADA classroom with Percy calling her from behind.  Cathleen stopped and turned around with an over-exaggerated annoyed expression directed at the Weasley, ignoring the other students as they passed her. 

"I respect Minnie."

"You call her by a nickname." 

"I respect Flitwick and Professor Sprout."

"...Okay, yes..." Percy had nothing to say against that, and Cass gave him a sly smirk, knowing that she won, "-But you don't respect Professor Snape or Professor Chehowachuck, and I've seen you fall asleep during Professor Binns' classes." 

"Percy,"  Cass put a hand on the Weasley's shoulder and proceeded to speak to him like she was explaining something to a five-year-old, "There isn't one Gryffindor that cares about Snivellus."  Cass then stepped away from Percy and returned back to a normal conversational tone, "Well, maybe everyone except you, which is ridiculous if you ask me. I honestly don't know how you can stand that man when he is so prejudiced against us."

"He's not my favorite professor, I'll admit that."

"You already know why I am hostile against Chehowy, and Binns is so boring even the Ravenclaws use his class to nap."  Percy huffed in annoyance, but Cass didn't mind, she thought it was funny to push the Weasley boy's buttons.

"Can you at least try to be more polite to Professor Snape... and maybe give Professor Chehowy a bit more leeway?"

"Snape, no. Chehowy...we'll see- but probably not." Percy opened his mouth to speak out again, but before he could let his words leave his mouth, a small force of two younger boys immediately lifted the spirits of Cathleen.

"Hey Perce!" Fred cuts in.

"Mind if we borrow Cass?" George finished, and the older Weasley nodded tiredly, not having the energy to fight off the twins' influence.

"Brilliant!" The twins each grabbed one of Cass's arms and dragged her away from the crowds into one of the many abandoned classrooms of Hogwarts. 

"So what did you two need me for?" Cass placed one hand on her hip as she leaned against a dusty desk. 

"Do you remember over the summer when we said we found a tool to lift our amazing pranking abilities?"

"Yes, I do, actually."

"You said that-"

"I said that I would help you open it." Fred and George nodded in unison, "Alright, hand it over."  George took the map out from behind his back and Cass carefully took it from his hands and started examining it. 

Cass knew that she should not open the map immediately or else the twins would ultimately be suspicious of her, "Alohomora." Cass pointed her wand at the parchment and as she expected, it did not open and instead read insults at her.

"We already tried that," Fred pointed out, which would make sense because it was an unlocking charm.

"Insulted us as well." George ended and Cass nodded, pretending to think of what the opening code could be. In reality, she was very aware of the magical words that needed to be said in order to open the map.